Serie A

You kinda can lol if you’re an average player that is part of numerous good sides then over time you’ll probably rack up a decent number of honours. Only time Giroud has really been the main man is at Montpellier and that’s in the Farmer’s Ligue so not necessarily the best gauge.

1 Like

Why would all these title winning teams sign him and play him then?:thinking:

Not sure about this. I reckon Arsenal and Chelsea have both gone through periods where they wish he was there.

Well Arsenal were pretty average when he came here and he helped continue that trend, Chelsea had him as a bench guy and now he’s being carried to glory by 22-year old defensive midfielders while chipping in with less than 10 league goals lol

2 Likes

Specify some of these periods.

Played every game for the WC winning France team :person_shrugging:t3:

No-one is saying he’s a Bergkamp, and I get people have an agenda against him but a lot of big teams keep signing him and winning titles with him :joy:

He’s a limited player but he does some things well and these teams obviously see that and I really don’t think it’s possible to fluke a WC, a PL title, a Scudetto, 3 FA Cups, an EL title and a CL title (oh and a Ligue 1).

That’s a crazy number of personal honours for a player just to win by luck lol

2 Likes

Derek fisher won 5 NBA rings, that doesn’t make him anywhere near the point guard that Chris Paul or John Stockton are.

If Giroud wins the title with Milan that will be his first league title since Montpellier a decade ago. And he’s have got it by contributing less than 10 league goals lol

He played no major role in the World Cup or UCL successes.

1 Like

He was huge in that French league winning title, I’ll certainly give him that.

When did he win a PL title btw ? I know he could have won one 2016 if he didn’t go scoreless Jan until May.

2 Likes

Played every game at the WC and was probably the worst player that did so lol

I’m not sure “a lot” of big teams have been signing him and winning stuff. Us, Chelsea and Milan. We did fuck all outside of the FA Cup, he wasnt really a key guy at Chelsea and now at Milan he’s scored 9 league goals all season.

If anything, his Chelsea spell shows his level, a guy that can come off the bench and offer some hold up play, which is more or less the point I’m making lol the guy just isn’t that great and the fact he was our top forward for so long shows what a joke we were at that time.

2 Likes

It’s no coincidence the 9 years he spent in England Arsenal or Chelsea never managed to hit 80 points.

2 Likes

This is a very key element of what makes up my Giroud dislike lol and this was in a team that didn’t struggle to create chances.

2 Likes

Ahh sorry I thought he won a PL title with Chelsea

Guess it’s just the two league titles to go with all the others :eyes:

Thankfully Chelsea haven’t come close to a title since the last time they were champions in 2017 :smiley:

You’re all so bitter and jealous. I love it.

:giroud2:

Meh, we are just making an assessment on a player just like you or others choose to do as well. Sure, I’d love to get paid millions to play sports, but it doesnt automatically mean Giroud is good relative to certain other footballers so the jealous and bitter line is rather weak.

I’m sure Giroud doesn’t really care what I have to say and I’m just fine with that lol

1 Like

Do people not feel shame for trying to caveat a World cup winners medal!? Is the hate that deep? How can you “fluke” a WC win ffs, it’s literally the hardest competition in sport to win

The way people talk about Giroud you’d think he was a back up GK who never touched the field or contributed at all.

1 Like

This is despite the fact that Giroud picked up more yellow cards (1) than goals (0) in Russia. In fact, in 546 minutes of action, he didn’t even register a single shot on target during the World Cup

This shitter didn’t even have a shot on target at the World Cup and people want to credit him because of his physical qualities.

If you took Giroud out of the France World Cup squad and started any other striker of a similar profile - they still win the World Cup. He offered nothing outside of just being a physical presence and dropping deep when needed.

1 Like

His role was to enable the guys around him, such is his selfless nature on the pitch. It was a deliberate tactic

You cannot say that because it’s impossible to know - especially seeing France flounder at Euro 2020 with an objectively better veteran squad and lessor competition .

4 Likes