Serie A

Buffon signing for Parma I swear this guys gonna be playing into the afterlife

6 Likes

Honestly speaking, he was better than Woj whenever he played last season. Itā€™s ridiculous how good he still is lol

1 Like

Surely this is it for Balotelli now? I imagine itā€™ll be America or the Middle East next before retirement.

A career that shouldā€™ve delivered a lot more. What a waste.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll never get over his Euro goal against Germany.

I had no stake in the game but I remember going nuts because he was killing it

9 Likes

Commisso has been a disaster. He arrived promising investment and changing Fiorentina. All heā€™s done is sign old players and sold Chiesa to Juventus.

@Phoebica were you happy with the Gattuso appointment to begin with?

1 Like

Phoebica is a Fiorentina fan/follower? :sweat_smile:

Not especially. I thought theyā€™d be a clash of heads somewhere down the line because of the influence of his agent Jorge Mendes. But I didnā€™t think itā€™d be this soon :sweat_smile:

@GC-Maniac yes. I picked them originally years ago just because of their kit. But Iā€™ve became quite attached :relaxed:

3 Likes

Shame to see all the early promises from Commisso amount to nothing though. I bet they cash in on Vlahovic and move for someone like Dzeko to replace him lol

1 Like

Fucking hell I remember when he played there the first time. @SRCJJ I swear at one point Parma had Buffon, Cannavaro and Thurman at the back?

1 Like

I love a bit of football romanticism lol. Even at 43, heā€™s still a very solid goalkeeper so this move is a lot about coming full circle on his career as Iā€™ve no doubt heā€™d have received plenty of offers.

@BizzySignal yeah bro, the Parma team of the late 90s was great all round. Crespo, Veron, C. Zanetti if memory serves me right too. Chiesa as well

3 Likes

Good piece of business. Heā€™ll learn a lot defending in Italy and honestly after last season I believe Milan have got themselves a very good young defender. Heā€™s 23, heā€™s got so many more years to grow and mature.

3 Likes

I think Chelsea fucked up here. I would take him over any of their CBs other than Rudiger. And Ā£24m seems pretty damn cheap, especially for an English player, in a world in which Ben White is going to cost Ā£45m and players like Kounde are being touted at like Ā£50-60m.

I could definitely see some English team buying him back for Ā£60m in a couple years if he is successful in Milan.

2 Likes

Tomori - Kjaer best CB pairing for Milan right now?

Or do you back Roma to come back

If youā€™re assuming Smalling leaves Roma, who starts in their backline with Mancini? I just canā€™t see Smalling staying there. Jose basically froze him out at United.

I meant Roma as in Romagnoli :rofl:

3 Likes

You butchered Lillianā€™s name so badly that youā€™ve made me forget how itā€™s spelt lol

1 player I hoped Wenger would get us and 1 he converted his position too.

Edit, itā€™s thuram

2 Likes

9 Likes