Serie A

Nice game between Napoli and Lazio. Napoli have already hit the post twice.
Callejon! First goal for him in the league this season!

What a free kick from Milik! He doesn’t usually take them.

Napoli leading Lazio 2-0 at HT. Lazio haven’t been that bad. It’s just Napoli who are better than them.
Chance for Lazio to make it 2-1, but great save from Meret.
Callejon hits the bar, but it was offside.
Game on! Immobile!

Lazio down to 10 men. Acerbi is off.
Tight, but very important win to keep Napoli 2nd in the table.

Genoa-Milan and Juventus-Chievo today.

Genoa v Milan at 2pm on a Monday? :thinking: interesting.

1 Like

I think Milan have gotten themselves a bad deal and overpaid heavily again for Piatek. After the Andre Silva and Kalinic disaster you think they’d have learned a lesson but evidently not.

2 Likes

And what does this mean for Patrick Cutrone? If they have a young homegrown striker, why not build the team around him?

Yeah they’d probably be better off giving Cutrone the chance at a starting berth.

They spent €38m on Silva, €25m on Kalinic, €18m to loan Higuain and now they’re spending €35m on Piatek.

That’s €116m on strikers and that’s precisely why Milan haven’t moved forward over the last couple seasons.

2 Likes

It’s stupid as fuck. none of those guys are much better than Cutrone, and they desperately need a creative midfielder and some more depth in defence.

Another club Gazidis will ruin.

2 Likes

Yeah, 6 good months doesn’t mean he is good.

0-0 at HT though.

2-0 Milan FT.

1-0 Milan

2-0 Milan

Juventus up thanks to Costa.

2-0 Juventus

3-0 Juventus FT.

Zanioloooo. Noice.

1 Like

Another great choice from Inter :bellend:.

1 Like

De Sciglio has been very good this season for Juventus and looks every inch the player people thought he would become when he first broke through at Milan. Defensively he’s one of the better full backs about right now but could do with improving his ability going forward.

I think if he can stay injury free he has a good chance to develop into a top full back. Which is a surprise given how dire he’s been for the last few seasons of his career. I guess going to Juventus and playing with people like Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia, Buffon and learning from elite coaches is driving him forward.

2 Likes

Big credit to Allegri. He is a manager who takes care a lot about the defence.

Really? Fair play to him, every time I saw him last year he was shit.

Speaking of revivals, sounds like Bakayoko is finding form at Milan too?

1 Like

No difficult to look good in a such shit squad.

https://twitter.com/TheMilanBible/status/1087769575364743168

look at how these dons dress, until you see the far left… :gabriel:

Hopefully Ivan can ruin Milan like he did with us.

So Benatia is leaving Juventus to join a Qatari team. So disappointed he has so much to offer at the top level, he has at least two seasons of top European football left. Apparently he turned down a reasonable offer from United to join the Qatari club for slightly more money.

I was hoping he would be a fixture in the national team be help bring the best out of Aguerd but doesn’t look like that will happen.