Scottish Politics

What u think Cal? Indy ref 2 happening this time? I wonder if this time they are a bit more serious

SNP love actual sexual deviants, unlike Salmons who was nothing of the sort and got stitched up by them.

“Sex-pest National Party” I guess.

Funny how there is more accountability for sexual assault, for a footballer wanting to play for Raith Rovers than there is for a member of government.

The SNP are a disgrace

Sounds like indyref2 is on. Fair play Sturgeon for once.

Nice. Dunno if we will win tho, SNP aren’t as popular as they used to be.

Need to sort it out in the next 2 years.

1 Like

Scottish Independence, if Sturgeon/SNP actually won, she/they wouldn’t actually know what to do next. Would be like Brexit the take 2.

Sturgeon’s existence in the public/political eye revolves around fighting for a referendum

It’s been long enough, when is Nicola Sturgeon gonna get this referendum?

The neoliberal piece of shit.

Well she won’t do it for the next 6-12 months now that the Queen died up in Scotland.

Scotland turned out big time for the Queen and the union during Operation Unicorn, think that bought the government some time.

Does she actually want independence or does she just want to keep talking about it so she can keep getting elected.

4 Likes

Second one

@Cristo the queen was decently popular where she went - in northern areas, Edinburgh and amongst the rangers weirdos.

But the other side didn’t get as much exposure.

I don’t think there was much change, Scotland is 50-50 on the queen and royals.

Well at least I’d hope that to be the case.

With all due respect to Scotland, and I’m actually interested in hearing the answer, but how do they expect to fare as an independent nation?

Don’t they receive significantly more in state funds than they generate in tax revenue (apart from oil)? At least that is my understanding, which may be incorrect.

I know that Scotland are working really hard to align themselves with Denmark and other Nordic nations due to quite a few similarities, but is the make up of Scotland’s economy strong enough to support an independent nation of ~4m people?

That is creative accounting designed to make it look that way. The GERS report is what that is based on, and assumes that the Scottish government will spend on the exact same things the UK gov does, albeit a proportional amount.

But that won’t necessarily be the case.

In any case, if that was true, then the Scottish government would run a deficit on spending.

But don’t many countries, including the UK run on a deficit? It’s not a horrible thing that leads to failed states.

The economy absolutely can be, and like you say a small population does make it easier.

It requires bravery and creative thinking which is in short supply at Hollywood unfortunately.

Because the people at the job are getting fat on the riches at Westminster.

I don’t even know if I want Scotland to be independent, because it would solidify sturgeon’s legacy when she is undeserving and a dishonest person and is corrupt. It could solidify that corruption.

But Scotland could absolutely be independent

1 Like

What I don’t understand is, it was the Scot’s that wanted to be back in the union after it went broke due to bad decisions. I don’t know why the SNP are acting like England forced them in to the union when that is not the case.

2 Likes

UK at its weakest and nothing coming out from a party that supposedly wants to leave it.

The Scottish Neoliberal Party sicken me now.

Sturgeon is shit. And I’m sick of the cultists that mindlessly vote and support her.

8 years we’ve been shackled to this mess because of her comfort and ineptness and corruption.

Wish she’d have the same shame and resign.

1 Like

At least misogyny might be a crime :rofl: uk politics is a joke at the moment

1 Like

I hope this stupid shit is kicked out by the English courts and the lords ASAP.

The GR bill is a pile of crap

Thank god the UK government waded in with the GR bill.

Now this will probably tank support for Scottish independence as the UK has to save Scotland from fucking things up with an awfully thought out bill.

SNP… :facepalm: this is the hill these stupid cunts want to die on, not trying to actually get independence.

Fuck off sturgeon

Unbelievable.

SNP getting the predictable consequences with the Isla Bryson and now this cases, absolute shambles

I’m interested to know to what extent the law actually provides for people to be able to demand this “right”

I’m unsure of its current status after the UK gov intervened, but the GRR bill from the Scottish gov said self- ID is enough. You have to simply state your chosen gender and you will have arrangements made based on that