Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

I remember that we only signed one.

Cool but that’s not what I said :+1:

Dunno why we didn’t just sign Jack Butland. Homegrown and cheap.

2 Likes

And hot :heart_eyes:

I also wish hotness was a fair guide to how good a player is.

Just gives us something nice to look at when we’re losing

Did we?
We wanted Raya, Brentford told us to fuck off so we signed this joker instead.

1 Like

I remember calling out how much we paid for this guy and got told that 2m ain’t much for us.
Guy was a shit backup keeper for Dijon. Absolutely no reason for us to pay any considerable fee for him and now he’s fallen into the 3rd choice keeper void that is usually filled by an academy graduate.
Waste of money.

1 Like

What an absolutely rancid deal this was.

2 Likes

Arsenal want to sign TWO goalkeepers this summer.

The Telegraph says Arsenal have seen a bid of around £10million rejected for Brentford goalkeeper David Raya.

Mikel Arteta is keen to add to his goalkeeping department following the departure of Emiliano Martinez to Aston Villa. Arsenal are also closing in on the £1.5m signing of Icelandic keeper Runar Alex Runarsson from Ligue 1 club Dijon.

Arsenal want to sign both Raya and Runarsson but says Brentford are only willing to sell Raya if the player returns to the club on loan for this season.

Raya was left out of the Brentford squad for the 1-0 loss to Birmingham City on Saturday on the opening day of the Championship season.

The Spaniard was also not a part of Brentford’s 2-0 Carabao Cup win over Southampton on Wednesday.

However, the Bees seem determined to keep hold of the 25-year-old

I will accept my apologies now lads cheers

9 Likes

Telegraph, sigh…

Edit: Tbf, I do remember the Raya rumours not dying when we signed this guy. At the time I thought the club was lining up a potential Leno replacement in case his head got turned by another club.

You can’t accept something that’s not been offered to you.

Gonna take more than a copy and pasted Telegraph article you haven’t even linked.

The Gunners wanted to bring in David Raya of Brentford and make him the No2 and Runarsson the No3. And we could see why against City as Runarsson, who cost £1m, doesn’t yet look ready for this level.

That was made painfully clear at Emirates Stadium as Arsenal were dumped out of the Carabao Cup and their miserable run continued. Bernd Leno, who was sat on the bench, could only watch on.

:grin:

9 Likes

7 Likes

@Calum came with receipts lads. I think it’s apology time.

10 Likes

So the 20m we got for Martinez wasn’t enough to get Raya from Brentford.

They must mean Barcelona, they do like an Arsenal player.
Perhaps it could sweeten the deal for the 100m rated Mustafi, who they are after.

I don’t understand why we don’t do that.
There are plenty of experienced GK’s that are have played in the PL who more than capable of being cover for Leno.

Especially when he has to repeatedly bend over to pick the ball out of the net. :grinning:

@Calum I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

However, I will not be extending my apologies to the fucking idiots at Arsenal football club who signed a third choice keeper before securing a second choice one, thus having to play said third choice keeper as second choice. Not trying to hear their excuses, if you spend a couple million on a third choice keeper he shouldn’t be so shit that you can’t even play him in a single cup game.

Nonsense excuses from the club, but facts are facts and I got this one wrong. Cal, you were right, I can see this clearly now. I hope you’ll accept my apology and believe me when I say I will strive to do better in future.

4 Likes

I just don’t understand the point in signing a third choice keeper.

Third choice keeper should just be an 18 year old academy prospect making up numbers who might get a shot in the league cup and get promoted to 2nd choice if he shows potential and the current 2nd choice decided to leave.

10 Likes

Fuck Arsenal the silly cunts. I’m just happy you’ve apologised to me mate :+1::+1: cheers

4 Likes

Arsenal pissing £2m plus wages up the wall while laying off how many people?

Arteta is a genius though.

3 Likes