Rugby

:arteta:

Ah tanc what a guy.

Re. The haka, the one those school kids did near the memorial of the Christchurch shooting victims finished me.

I love it.

1 Like

Pretty boring game against Canada last night, pool stages are basically done for us and South Africa. Italy might muscle up a bit which would be a nice test for the QFs.

Some great games this weekend with England Argentina and Japan Samoa which are 2 key games in those groups.

Chief NZ Social Justice Warrior John Campbell has come out and tried to say Lineker is racist lol

Campbell needs to understand, like I said above, that the haka the All Blacks do is commercialized.

Its rich to cry about it and play the cultural card when we are also happy to support a group of 22 men doing it before running around chasing a slab of rubber.

To me, the unwavering support of all of our sports teams doing hakas, some of which are actually terrible in terms of quality of performance, makes it hard to then tell others that we need to be respected for our values when its clear we have benefited from marketing ourselves that way.

And anyway, the haka the All Blacks do is far more representative of the entire NZ regardless of what colour you are.

That’s the great thing about the All Blacks, it’s a unifying pillar and trying to say critics are automatically racist is ignorant of reality. Just get on with it.

2 Likes

Perfect opportunity for Ireland to get the win and bonus point today against Russia. Won’t tell us much in reality but sure it’s a game the squad and fans need.
Going for seventy point win.

Paddy power giving 5-1 on that outcome.

What did they have for the Japan game? Lol

(Payback for last year :smiley: )

Haha Japan were probably 10-1 for the win but I hadn’t checked. :slight_smile:

Shambles of a performance so far after scoring the first try within 90 seconds.

That was quite underwhelming to watch by Ireland.
Signs are not looking good here now after a great start against Scotland.
Expectation seems to be a burden again. Should of been an easy fifty points on the board today.

Yosh! Loving Nippon this WC

England Good in parts but Argentina going down to fourteen helped.
Some really good phases but tired a little but think there room to improve going forward.

Samoa put a much better performance in the loss to Japan that could give Ireland a few problems next time out.

Early start for the All Blacks at 5 45. First half of France Tonga.
9 30 code switch for the NRL Grand final. Bit of dinner then football for the afternoon. Heaven.

1 Like

This is a tough NRL Grand Final, really hope the Raiders win.

1 Like

Ugh, horrible call by the refs at the end of the NRL GF. I’d be spewing if I was a Raiders fan.

1 Like

Raiders on the wrong of the end of the penalty calls.
Defence as ever in the NRL totally dominating but good watch nevertheless. Would have loved the win for Solly at the Raiders.

1 Like

Credit to the Roosters to withstand so much second half pressure, but the refs decision to call a reset of 6 and then the decision to get changed after the tackle was a travesty…

1 Like

Raiders still needed to not fall asleep on that left edge, but the call was such a killer.

On another note, Roosters must have some excellent “cap management”. They have such a great side.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha they’re probably corrupting it as much as the Storm did when we got stripped of 2007 & 2009 Premierships, just haven’t been caught yet.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s crazy how many top players are in that team.

I think Nick Politis is just very good at getting his mates involved with the murky 3rd party system in the NRL. It’s one of the big rorts for big money clubs in an otherwise capped competition.

2 Likes

Standard fluent run out for NZ today with 70 points.
Tonga come back strong it seems against France it seems but think that just highlights of the French challenge. Not a contender this time round.