Rob Holding (deal completed)

Arsenal leap to the front in race for Bolton centre-back Rob Holding by launching a £2.5m bid

Robert Samuel “Rob” Holding is an English footballer who plays for Bolton Wanderers. Wikipedia
Born: September 20, 1995 (age 20), Tameside, United Kingdom
Height: 1.82 m
Current team: Bolton Wanderers F.C. (#45 / Defender)
Date joined: 2015 (Bury F.C., Bolton Wanderers F.C.)

Yeah this had been stewing for a while apparently.

Good depth and one for the future.

I don’t know anything about him so while there’s no point being upset by his signing equally theres no reason to be excited either.

This is going to happen.
We are the kings of the underwhelming transfer.

CB sorted, cheers.

This will be great for him he’ll never even have to leave Bolton because we’re probably loaning him straight back.

We won’t loan him back to Bolton. They’re in league one, no way we’ll be OK with that.

A pairing of Chambers and Holding for the future would be sick, given that they develop properly and achieve their respective ceilings.

Add Bellerin into that and we could hopefully have a very good back-line for some time to come.

Dependant on a lot of variables, of course, but one can still hope.

I know everyone is saying he’s one for the future, but he’s 20, not a kid and if he steps it up who knows, he might be able to step right in.

With Chambers who is still young and Bielik with U21, I don’t understand why we’re following Holding. We don’t need a young CB for the future, we need a player ready to compete with the first team to build a long time partnership with Lolo.

Well, given that Koscielny is 30 I’m not sure how long a partnership with him and anyone would be.

Long time partnership for me is 2/3 years for our standards.

One for the COC until january.

The player wasn’t included in the squad yesterday and will not in the squad tomorrow. The deal is set to be completed soon.

I’m so underwhelmed, I’ve fallen asleep.
:sleeping:

According to a local paper, Bolton have accepted our offer for Holding. Medical terms completed tonight and now is ready to sign the contract.

Do not want.

Bolton fans speak very highly of him. I’m happy with this buy for the future

Our 3rd signing for the summer wowsers, who said this club does not have ambition to win the Title.

Looks close now

For pure depth, it’s great to add another promising player in this position. Not that I know a great deal about him of course. However, the Mert/Kos fulcrum is an ageing one and I don’t see them pairing for 38+ games ever again, so it’s sensible to add young legs here.

Per shouldn’t be starting at all if we are serious about winning a title, which we are not I suppose…