Rob Holding

I would honestly rather play 3 at the back with Tierney LCB over Holding at City or Liverpool away

1 Like

Arteta is not going to do that - if anything, he may bring Ben White in to RCB and play Partey in RB with Jorginho in DM. But I suspect he uses Rob again if Saliba injury persists

1 Like
2 Likes

He may well play at Anfield, I cannot see Arteta changing our system at this stage of the season. So much of how we play is about how familiar our players are with where everyone should be at all times. And in all other cases, Arteta hasnā€™t hesitated to use the designated backup in the squad. We donā€™t have any players he wonā€™t trust to play in the senior group.

7 Likes

I am very scared of how he will get on there

It isnā€™t all on Holding though. All the players have a role to play next weekend.
We just need to go there and play with no fear.

3 Likes

Yes. Anfield is a tough place to play. However, I expect Arsenal to get something from the game.

Should be winning the midfield battle.

Should be winning the battle in their final third as well. Their defense looks toasted.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll come out on fire. Gotta weather that first 20 min or soā€”they donā€™t look like they can play with their hair on fire for a full 90 anymore.

Quietly confident that Arsenal will win.

Thatā€™s the big worry for me. Can he keep calm, knowing that heā€™ll be a target or will he be left holding the blame for us dropping points?

What a clumsy tackle to give away the penalty. The only reason why Xhaka is being slated is because they scored a goal straight after; had Salah scored the penalty Iā€™m sure this thread would have been active.

Holding is a liability for this current team we have. Saliba has left a huge void behind and only reason why Holding has looked assured at times is because Gabriel has been a monster at the back.

1 Like

If he starts City, Newcastle and Brighton weā€™re in trouble.

Heā€™s crap.

That pen was very soft but Mustafiesque in terms of stupidty. Everyone knows that little rat Jota will fall by even the slightest of contact.

Saliba MUST be back for West Ham away.

I think he is doing ok/decent today.

Every defender will fall for it though. Jota wasnā€™t in the line of sight when Holding went for the ball.

1 Like

It was a 50-50 ball and a soft pen.
Both players went for the ball

1 Like

People piling on when it was Zinchenko and White that both got mugged off for the goals that stood

Lets keep the same energy

7 Likes

He was fine but I still have nagging doubts about how the other members of the backline have to modify their game to suit him.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a shock Gabriel looked a little ragged today. Liverpool away is a tough match period and we ask our CBs to cover a lot of space.

1 Like

He was ok/decent if you base it on the level of football Arsenal use to play during Covid season etc. But based on the quality of football we have played past 18 months, what Saliba offers us and the system Arteta has implementedā€¦ Holding is a liability.

He was awful against Liverpool. For context:

1 Like