Rob Holding

Yeah I’m not exactly green with envy looking at that list lol

That’s a very fair point. A player happy to be a bench warmer isn’t a positive for me. Holding should be thinking that he can break into the England team. Furthermore, he should be thinking that he can dislodge White as a starter.

It’s a lack of ambition. I like him coming on for the last 10 minutes to close out a game, but can’t forgive him being outjumped by Sterling and rinsed for most of his career here. Or getting the assist for Cities late winner in Jan.

He’d be leaving on a positive as he’s been quality recently.

2 Likes

Some people are just happy staying were they are comfortable and secure.

Not everyone has big ambition to be the top dog

2 Likes

I just don’t agree with that assessment. Again, he’s done ok at the job he’s been asked to do for most of his time here.

Can’t see it happening short of a really bad injury crisis. Which of course can never be ruled out with this team.

He’s just not a problem for me. We’ve enough left to solve without creating another by moving him on.

Oh not another Wenger discussion

2 Likes

He’s definitely not going to keep Ben White out the team unless rested or injured but is an excellent squad option. Lots of other upgrading to take priority over this.

Would be nice to be at the stage where making good squad options like him better. But we have a big lack of goals from the striker, the left back cover is a liability and Lakonga isn’t ready to cover midfield yet either let alone having an option who is good enough to keep Xhaka out the team.

Holding doesn’t play the ball as well as White and makes a few too many mistakes to be a very top centre back at the moment but he’s still a pretty good player and a good cut above the rubbish we have had to let go in this position in recent years. Possible Saliba will have improved enough to be better than him now but we will have to see what we get back in the Summer and how he goes.

6 Likes

I would say he can keep up the next 2-3 years before it gets out of controle. Poor lad.

1 Like

One of the most ridiculous red cards ever. He literally asked for it.

So many stupid challenges for no reason!!!

7 Likes

I never wanna see this cunt in an Arsenal shirt again. He totally bottled it

1 Like

I demanded he get taken off for White when he got the yellow, I put some blame on Arteta for this.

2 Likes

You just knew he was getting a red this match. If it wasn’t that incident it was gonna be one later on.
Pretty silly from Rob.

It was never a red card. I dont blame him. Ref is imbecile.

1 Like

Pack it in mate he could have been booked 4 times lol

7 Likes

It was standard fouls. the one he got the first yellow for was even soft as feck.

1 Like

It wasn’t a red. It was a second yellow.
As soon as he got his first yellow Son was on him to get him sent off.

He made it too easy for Son.

1 Like

Holding was literally pulling Son around at every opportunity it was some of the most baffling defending I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even subtle fouls he was pulling him every time he got the ball lmao

3 Likes

I hope this is a wake up call for people that were wanking over mediocre squad players.

4 Likes

Should have received a yellow already when he was spooning Son on the ground

2 Likes

I don’t know how anyone can defend him on those 2 fouls and yellows… first obvious extended professional foul and second obvious shoulder/elbow into face as Son came through the middle…

4 Likes