Rival club players you like

It’s your opinion and i respect it. I think he was a truly a football genius. Also liked Lampard.

1 Like

As others have said, Kante, and maybe Drogba because he seems like a wonderful person away from the football pitch.

Probably like them more than half the cunts that play for us rn tbh

I also liked Lampard actually. In contrast to most pundits/opinion I actually think he was the better player to Steven Gerard.

2 Likes

Now, strangely, I’d stopped watching football for a few years, including The Arsenal for a few years (I used to be way more active on the older OA forum), so I’m not really up to date with what goes on in the footballing world. (I’ve started watching the occasional Arsenal game again, but I hope it won’t become a time sink again, life’s too short to be spent passively consuming like that).

But I’ve always been inspired by people like Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s not that I like his style of play, I even dislike many aspects of his personality, but his work-rate, his determination, his resilience is awe-inspiring. Not so much now, at this stage in his career, but his burning desire to better himself, I think that’s really something to be admired and respected, and emulated.

1 Like

So close to banning.

Haha, after seeing your post I knew that statement would probably annoy you the most :laughing:

Lampard was better then Gerrard IMO

How so? Gerrard literally carried his team.

Lampard has world class behind him doing all the dog work. Gerrard could both defend and attack. Much more complete player than Lampard - who no doubt was also a great player.

Now leave me alone.

And Scholes was better than both of them!

Does that make him better?

Lampard didn’t need to carry his team because he had other quality players around him. I’m sure he’d have been more than capable of carrying that Liverpool team too.

Jay-Jay Okocha!

Another player who had been grossly overrated with time too. Some of the things I hear players say about him make me feel sick lol.

1 Like

Zola a great shout @SRCJJ I loved watching him play to the point where I almost liked Chelsea as a side effect of that. :gabriel:

1 Like

i like the look of Asensio, would love a player of his talent here.

All because of some fake quotes by Zidane, Xavi etc :arteta:

Thought he was a bit underrated in his career but now he’s massively on the other side of the spectrum.

Not sure if I’d count Real Madrid as even being close to being a rival of ours lol.

Yeaaaah mav. Bayern are the European giants we’re competing with now, not Real Madrid. :wenger:

Suppose not, well not at least for the while but there was a time that barca and real were keeping an eye on our players and trying to mooch them off us.

I tell you who i like the look of (but yet again arent rivals, i feel this shouldnt be about rivals limits who we like the look of) is Ruben Neves and Wolves GK too.

What I recall from Chelsea and Lampard at their height:

(Radio Commentator) : “Nothing much going on here, Chelsea being held by insert shitpiece team name here no sign of anything changing… A ball upfield… Lampard! DEFLECTION! Sound of roaring Chelsea knuckledraggers

1 Like

Vincent Kompany is absolute class on and off the pitch. Wished he played for us a few times.