Rennes - Arsenal (UEFA Europa League - Leg 1)

Guendouzi was not good when he came on while Xhaka tried his best to enable the opposition, we talk about improving the defense but fuck dont we need some midfield elite talent…

Yeah none of the subs really helped us

I think the result was inevitable once sokritis sent off. Mustafi to cb was always going to be a disaster

1 Like

I agree. I was thinking to myself 2-1 was going to be a good result given our crap performance and circumstances

At 2-1 we were still going through I think, but now it’s looking very grim…

The subs made were all an attempt to not concede, yet we conceded 2 second half goals, so that’s a massive fail.

Guendouzi was alright, got the game moving a little bit.

But he, like the others, was just brainless and had no idea what to do.i hate this team. Folds like a pack of cards. Needs a reset in defence.

1 Like

Rennes were beyond average until the sending off and didn’t threaten remotely beside one set piece.

The 3rd goal makes it a tough, but im pretty sure we’re capable of scoring a few against them XI vs XI.

Odd subs tho, Iwobi off was definitely not cool, Aubameyang should’ve been left on too despite not doing a lot

3 Likes

I was honestly just hoping we got a draw and bounced even before kick off.

Emery has no chance here tbh. Even if we progress he’s just not getting us organised for games like these at all.

1 Like

He misses sitters all the time and missed a penalty in the biggest NLD in years. So yes Fraud

1 Like

To be fair we are not champions league material
Mid table prem and europa league for a few years yet. But need to bring the younger players through like Liverpool have done and not stick with the same shit players

2 Likes

I am honestly livid with these players. Bags of shite today.

2 Likes

Whelp, red cards and penalties can change everything, especially a first half red card. As GWG said above, pretty much screwed us and we really probably would have been fine even with a 1-1 or 2-1 result here… 3-1 puts a LOT Of pressure on us at home and you know we will concede now again.

Work rate very poor and to think we use to win games with ten men. Not looking forward to next game 3-1 is going to be hard. Just have to see if this team has the mentality to bounce back…not sure any more.

See the issue is we need a legendary manager to be overseeing Svens guys out on the pitch. Otherwise they can only do so much.

3 Likes

I feel like in a lot of our games picking a MOTM is a process of elimination. Who was the least shit?!

2 Likes

@Calum is bang on though. He is a fraud. Many people think Auba is some elite player. He’s not. He is very good, can be great at times, just not up there with the elite though(Kane, Aguero, Costa, etc.).

Petr Cech was our best player. Mostly makeable saves but he kept it to 3 and gave us a chance.

4-1 and we’d be out

1 Like

It’s Emery’s first season so have to give him time …but I’m disappointed

1 Like

2 Likes