Reiss Nelson (24)

Still think he should be converted to a RB.

3 Likes

He was very good at winning the ball back last night, good pressing as well.

Aka you donā€™t want Hector at RB. Totally agree!!

Itā€™s a big job sunday for the right back. Rashford favours that side and Bruno seems to link well with him.
Needs addressing big time. Giving Arteta attention for detail to recognise this or itā€™s defeat.

Rashford is going to violate Bellerin and Iā€™m ok with it. 2 lovely humans teaming up.

Another rashy hattrick and Tory callout will be second best thing after an arsenal win.

1 Like

This guy was horrific. Please never play him again

Was he really that bad ? Not that he did anything good as such but I thought he was better than Willian.

Hale End sucks!

7 Likes

His crossing made me want to claw my eyes out with a rusty spoon

No. Thisā€™ll be overreaction after overreaction for another 48 hours.

You canā€™t win games with our midfield (no Partey).

Throw Mane on the wing and heā€™d get no service.

I have high hopes for Nelson this season, he can push on and is one of our more technically secure players, which Arteta will like.

He had glowing praise for Nelson after the Molde game

ā€œHeā€™s made some big steps in the last month or so,ā€ our manager said. "Heā€™s shown what he can do. Again, heā€™s another player that wants to take you on all the time, heā€™s very vertical, heā€™s a great player when he runs in behind and heā€™s very unpredictable. I really like these types of players to play in the wide positions.

"Defensively, there are things that he needs to do better and he will improve in that but heā€™s a much more mature player. He showed a great attitude, in my opinion, to say that he didnā€™t want to leave on loan because he believes that heā€™s got a chance to play for this football club. Heā€™s showing that he wants to take that direction. Heā€™s performing in the right way.

"Weā€™re doing a lot of work with him. Heā€™s so willing. Heā€™s asking for more all the time. He wants individual meetings. He wants to work on the pitch in certain aspects in which we think he can improve.

ā€œHeā€™s training really really well, heā€™s developing as well. He had a click and we needed that click. Now itā€™s up to him but I must say that his last performances have been really good.ā€

1 Like

He would learn more going on loan and we would too.
Micro managing him into our current team every few games is a level too high. All this jargon and analysis is too much unless your a notch up on him. Saka fits that sort of billing because of a more natural talent.
Nelson though needs games at a team for games and discover his own strengths and weaknesses and go from there.

2 Likes

Filth

2 Likes

Thatā€™s grounds for benching

5 Likes

Has to start above Willian now surely

Sure. As long as we then have someone else starting above Nelson.

2 Likes

I hope he gets a go above Willian Sunday, he can offer work rate etc and all the things Willian offers, then I donā€™t have to be pissed off at the sight of Willianā€™s 180k a week face.

2 Likes

Anyone know whatā€™s happening with this guy?

Apparently fully fit but still not making the 9 man bench.

I just heard yesterday he was still injured lol

Edit: or at least not back to full fitness

1 Like

I heard heā€™s developed a severe case of ā€œArtetathinksimacuntitisā€. Terminal shit for your Arsenal career apparently

12 Likes