Reiss Nelson (24)

He and ESR need to head out on loan in the Championship.
Auba, Saka and Pepe are ahead of them. They won’t get time here. I don’t even think they’ll get minutes in EL. Players like them need to play weekly at this age.

1 Like

Games will be coming thick and fast (We’re playing the Europa league group stage right after Man City), there will be time for them to play. They need to deliver however.

3 Likes

Yeah, Dundalk is about Nelson’s level.

6 Likes

When you put it like that :rofl:

I would say that’s fine if it was Arsene or Emery(who wasn’t very good at rotating either).
Arteta just can’t take a match lightly. He has been playing with fire after the restart. I still remember him not rotating in the match against Villa.
I will be surprised if Nelson more than 2 matches in EL and ESR won’t play at all imo.

Hopefully the higher risk of COVID that comes with traveling to another country means guys like Auba never participate.

1 Like

Needs to be moved on. Glad he’s not getting a look in. Championship quality.

He played more central in his youth days and has some good qualities to play there in the modern game.

I’d be intrigued to see him there. But that is for high level expert managers only.

Arteta first has to pass level 1: Play the world class striker as a striker.

My take from that is we should be using Sok and Chambers in the squad more. Honestly Mustafi over Sok blows my mind, yeh the Greek is flawed but he cares and he fights, that’s what I want to see.

6 Likes

So those “right moments” will come when everyone else is injured, because he is shit

I don’t really rate Nelson but I like to see that attitude, if its true that he decided to stay and try to prove himself by getting into the side.

1 Like

If only he was Spanish, a midget, or of albanian heritage. Then he’d get minutes despite being shit, like some others.

Being serious, I think we all know players aren’t selected for football reasons at this club.

He may aswell be given a go seeing as Nketiah is getting the minutes in and he isn’t exactly lighting up the world.

2 Likes

And being serious back, I think we all know that the reason Nelson isn’t selected genuinely is because of football reasons :ozil:

1 Like

I dunno, he might be better than Auba as a winger, and if people are as down on Pepe as some seem to be then there should be a spot for him.

Nelson is desperately clinging onto his Arsenal career then.
Lad knows he’s goner if he goes on another loan.

Probably has visions of his Hoffenheim loan and thought twice.

Problem is, whenever he is afforded a chance, he has to make waves compared to what we’ve come to see.

1 Like

Pepe’s ability and Nelson’s is night and day. Genuinely starting to look like Nelson won’t make it at any where close to the top of the professional level.

If Mustafi, Xhaka and Lacazette can do it, anyone can.

Thing is, Nelson has never played that bad whenever he has played, he just hasn’t had the flair and confidence of a Saka.

Him and Willock always get hated on because they get brought on when we are chasing games and they don’t take those games by the scruff of their neck.

Which may be fair enough. But just because they aren’t being picked over those awful players shouldn’t mean they should be thought of as worse, because as we have seen with the awful managers we have had, their taste in arsenal player talents is awful.

1 Like

They aren’t though. Not really.
They’re just bringing us down to their level. That’s why we play Dundalk tomorrow night.

4 Likes