Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

Yeah it doesn’t even really matter… the buck stops with him… he relies on Edu and a massive scouting network (on the payroll and not)… it isn’t his job to know every player intimately… it is his job to synthesize our needs along with all the scouting information and market information and act accordingly.

Good or bad, he is the man in charge under whatever budget he is given.

1 Like

I’m still happy with his summer dealings:

Pepe - I still think he’ll come good once we start to click and gel as a team and he acclimatises to Arsenal and the league

Martenelli - a dimond

Tierney - looks class going forward at least

Luiz - adds some size, ball playing and experience even if error prone.

Saliba - I think he looks like a potential star

Ceballos - a bit of a question mark. The upside of that is we can purchase him if Arteta thinks its worth it. Try before you buy if you like.

2 Likes

Player recruitment and retention really has been so so bad since this guy has been head of football at the club as evidenced by what we’ve seen on the pitch. I understand he’s not well regarded within the club effectively lazy, overpaid, big spending through his agent contacts and not adding to the culture although I hasten to add this is just hearsay.

In the end though the results speak for themselves.

If we take the hefty Summer spend:

Pepe - 72m on a player who’s struggled to hold a regular starting slot in a position that was down the priority areas. In any event, in spite of some entertaining flashes of class has looked more like a 30 m player than a 72m one. He may come good but at 72m even in the current market you’d expect to have someone who’s making regular match winning differences in the league by now - not someone we hope may come good one day.

Tierney- we bought a crocked left back for 24m. Not just with his hernia but allegedly his shoulder problem was preexisting so no surprise it dislocated when he fell awkwardly.

Saliba - a young French prospect at 27m but loaned back instantly when our defensive need was now now now. Maybe he’ll be great next season but who knows until he arrives.

David Luiz - 8m for a ball playing but error prone defender at a time when we needed solid and reliable

Ceballos- on loan - now struggling to get a start

Martinelli at 6m the huge bright spot so far and the cheapest permanent signing of the Summer

In the end though however we all rate value for each of these players we spent a lot of money to provide our worst football team in decades. The results speak for themselves. The cupboards been largely stripped bare under this guys reign as head of football with terrible end result.

Now we’re left hoping that relatively cheap and unproven Arteta can work a miracle with the heap of injury prone shite he’s got to work with. Even though many of us like the start he’s made not many of us are truly confident of 3 points at mediocre Burnley tomorrow.

I’m calling this guy out as the most incompetent, over paid and wasteful head of football we’ve ever had - arguably near the very worst in the league. He’s living on borrowed time and I can’t wait for him to fuck off with his long overdue P45.

2 Likes

oh do stop your fucking bitching

4 Likes

You don’t still read those posts do you? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think most our recruit personel have been fine all along except Gazidis, I don’t mind Dean, Edu, Raul or Sven. They’re doing fine, especially now that we actually spend some money again. The rest is down to execution by other personnel at our circus.

Other clubs do just as many shite deals as us we just don’t know it in as much detail is my belief. They also let contracts run down, sign players in the wrong positions, buy absolute shite for buckets of money and are also always “one or two players away” from some elusive abstract goal that no one knows what it is. Man I hate that expression (to add: not people who use it, just the expression in itself). what does it even mean. Everyone is always one or two ideal somethings away from something lol there is no guarantee or realism in it whatsoever, it only works in hindsight :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just posting to bump the post count to 667. :man_shrugging:

Come on Maverick

You can do a better job than just swearing down a user and their post.

If you think Sanllehi represents the future of the club and that he’s the right person to hold the head of football role, I am very happy to debate your well reasoned arguments for him justifying the Arsenal fans support.

We argued in the Summer and you suggested things would turn out much better than I was suggesting at the time. I wish you’d been right rather than me (in fact we’re doing even worse than I thought we would) but I’m all ears for listening to the case for why Raul is the one to turn this show around.

1 Like

What’s your source for these supposed ITK claims? Because it sounds like bollox

What a load of shite this is :poop:

Respectfully, I don’t think so and the evidence on the pitch this season doesn’t point to it either in my humble opinion.

But we’ll see in a couple of years time if he’s the man to have lead us out of the desert or whether he’s just been a more wasteful version of Gazidis.

If you’re right I’ll bring the toilet paper and wipe the post clean and apologise for it.

I’d be interested to see your reasoning for why you think he’s doing a good job as based on your comment I’m guessing he’s got your support and that perhaps you think our recent high net spend represents good value for money in terms of on pitch performances and results?

Well the bottom line is Arteta and Arsenal have to put trust in Raul to sort the summer out.
On a score of 1 to 10 I’m fearing no better than a 4/10.

2 Likes

Very harsh on Raul.

He deserves any and all abuse for hiring, and sticking with Emery. But apart from that I have seen very little wrong.

In 2020, our main problems are the same as they were in 2018, when he took the job. He didn’t create them.

If you were harsh, you could say why hasn’t he solved them yet, but righting the wrongs of Gazidis in such a short time is a very tough job. At least the main issues have been identified and they are trying (not just saying they are trying before somebody gives me that old Wenger chestnut :arteta:) .

1 Like

Maybe I’ll be proved wrong on this. I think he’s been here for 2 years now which in my opinion is quite a long time in football and more than enough time for him to have created change for the better rather than a big decline. We’ve also spent a great deal in this time and the football isn’t good yet, in fact a lot worse and in the end as the head of football I feel he has to somehow be very accountable for what we’ve seen. I think the results in the end always speak for themselves.

Possibly Arteta will turn into an inspired signing and be the start of the change of fortune we need. I hope so.

It’s just in my experience if someone has had two years and the results have been this bad you have to look at the senior execs/leadership and hold them fully responsible.

I appreciate my posts on him read very harshly and I hope I’m wrong but all the white hairs on my head and years and years of senior business experience tell me that regrettably hindsight will probably prove me right.

2 Likes

When Liverpools board/execs were in power for 2 years they were utter horseshit

We still have mustafi, xhaka, mhki and elneny on the books, going balls out on Pepe when we havent got a spine sorted out but already had Aubameyang, Lacazette and ozil. Would’ve been wiser to gamble on a risky winger or 2 and spent big in defence or midfield.

Alot of poor decisions for me.

2 Likes

Still got Ozil, Mustafi, Kola. Not enough being done to get shut of these players. Lazy business practices.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with him around. Would you get a better backup left back?

Odion Ighalo ftw :giroud2:

you can only sell who someone wants to buy. Xhaka was nearly out the door and arteta kept him (maybe not past this summer) but he has been playing better. Mustafi and Ozil and elneny are hard sells mhki will probably be sold in the summer and he is on loan so they might keep him as i think they have an option to buy.

1 Like