Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

Totally agree and have been saying the same thing. It’s funny because their trying to pass it off as a coup, which is why there is this massive PR campaign for the guy, but reality is they have cheaped out again, He’s exactly the soft type of yes man that our board love so much.

Again, if he was so amazing and Pep relied on him so heavily there and he is in fact being groomed to take over from Pep then they would never let him go this easily.

But the reality is as always that the board didn’t want to pay what it takes to get the big boy managers.

2 Likes

I really fail to see how signing Rodgers or Ancelotti is a sign of ambition from the board. Strikes me as the opposite. Signing Arteta is far more ambitious.

5 Likes

In what world would appointing a cheap, no experienced assistant manager to run your club as opposed to world renowned proven top quality manager be considered an ambitious move?

Ambition I.e a strong desire to achieve something would be the board, going all in for a top quality manager, backing him financially and clearly stating that our goal is not only to get back into the top four but to challenge for the title.

This is as far away from ambitious as it gets, stinks of defeatism and acceptance of mediocrity.

1 Like

Give it a rest already

That is certainly not how I would describe Ancelotti or Rodgers.

In the same world as the one where signing Karim Adeyemi instead of Theo Walcott is more ambitious.

thing is if arteta turns out well he could be a coup but he is an unknown but ancelloti is finished i reckon he will take everton nowhere and with brendan i cant see him taking us where we need to be either so its a rock and hard place situation there just isnt any manager that is good/proven out there that we can get that you can feel confident we are going somewhere with that is available especially right now or that would be willing to come.

I think it take guts to hire arteta and there has to be a reason why (and no it isnt because he is cheap because mancity will see to it that it isnt) because a lot of the managers out there right now just arent good enough people that say ancelloti right now are so shortsighted because he has been sacked from everywhere recently and we trounced him recently too so his tactics cant be that great when we beat him constantly.

2 Likes

Yeh, Everton and Ancelotti has the looks of a marriage that will end very badly, IMO. Pellegrini and West ham mk II.

I agree with you

Now I’m off to wash my mouth with bleech

1 Like

Don’t worry bruh, the trip to righteousness is never an easy journey :crazy_face:

How many more times you going to trust this board and give benefit of the doubt and then be let down Mav.
There fucking useless mate and clueless. They are just trying to cheat the system. Simple to see.

2 Likes

Why are you so quick then to jump on Wenger? He clearly was trying to win despite not having the good faith backing of the board. They rode this guys ability to get the absolute most out of a team with limited investment. It’s sad because they didnt put Wenger in a position to win, and you could see the agony of the man when we would lose. Wenger is still a god tho, with lack of investment and basically let down by the club at every turn, he still went on to beat all the financially doping teams and win us plenty of silverware.

No mate because Wenger was part of the advocacy of low investment and the go to guy when this small outlook started.
No manager had as much power and control of a boardroom as Wenger. Comeback at this if you want but don’t be banking on a reply and debate today.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Sounds like there was interest in Ancelotti, who was very interested in us but Raul Sanllehi veto’d the deal to move for Arteta.

From The Athletic…

The former Chelsea manager had initially been in the frame for the Arsenal job, only for the north London club’s head of football, Raul Sanllehi, to veto a move in favour of the younger Mikel Arteta.

1 Like

Thank goodness for that.

I think you really need to make peace with the fact that this happens throughout in football :smile:.

1 Like

Well, hope he’s happy now because that shit didn’t last long now did it.

11 Likes

Bit of a weird thing to be annoyed about no? :joy:

1 Like

Well you chose to work for Arsenal, did you do your research first? Our fanbase knows only two options. Love or hate.

So it’s either Don Raul or Rotund Raul. Choice is yours fella.

6 Likes