Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

Well if an artist doesn’t perform as well people don’t stream, don’t buy records/tickets etc. So…if you are that discontent with the product. Don’t invest your time and money. To follow your analogy.

4 Likes

So you’re happy with what’s been happening the last 10 years?

You think the current controller of the club is giving fans value for money?

Football is different though. It’s more of an identity for a lot of people and it’s something you subscribe to for the rest of your life. As a football fan you’re expected to stick by your team through the highs and the lows and as fans we are well within our rights to voice our discontent about the club’s direction.

The two aren’t comparable

7 Likes

Youre lucky the club give you the time and day to get to question them in person.

Nothing is stopping them cancelling the Q&A in the future. And guess what, nothing would change. Boycotts wont happen, nothing.

That’s because the club isn’t failing as bad as the cry babies make out. A couple of years out of CL and now we are acting like we are going into administration. Keep your hair on, the club as a business is in fantastic shape and the new management are steering the club in the right direction.

3 Likes

We don’t care about the business, and why do you. Are you apart of the board if you don’t mind me asking. Do you have a distaste for you’re fellow fans? cause the way you write about them you swear you were talking about Spurs fans.

Fan’s have a right to complain, stop acting like they don’t.

2 Likes

You are joking.
These people are earning millions of pounds from the supporters who pay their wages and they let us answer some questions.
Wow, how generous.

What other area of business doesn’t allow the consumer to air their grievances?

The owners know full well that supporters support the club through thick and thin and won’t swap to another brand and have taken full advantage of this.

2 Likes

Complaining is fine, its part and parcel of football. But our fans are taking their frustrations out on a new management because the previous one fucked up by losing about 150m worth of assets. Makes no sense.

1 Like

So what are they supposed to do?
Say nothing and let the club walk all over them.
I know there won’t be a boycott of any significance but if the supporters do nothing and don’t complain then I can guarantee nothing will happen.

There is absolutely no urgency or ambition from our owners, as has been proved in this transfer window, and a Q and A session every season is just their way of trying to placate the supporters which, amazingly, seems to work on some of them.

The owners aren’t in it to invest. We have to make our own money. Nothing has changed in decades.

When we were successful why wasn’t there an outcry of fans asking for investment?

2 Likes

There’s no real change. The controlling Board members are just the same. Just new fall guys below them and another disappointing transfer window.

Over 20 points away from a decent league challenge again!!!

1 Like

Yeah there in it to grow the cash mountain to make themselves richer at the fans expense. You expect fans to be happy seeing their money going into Stans pockets rather than into the team?

Though I do agree with your general worry, the window is not over yet :slight_smile: we definitely should have money for some player and when I say have I mean actually allocated for transfers.

You can stick by your team, and at the same time not give them your money.

3 Likes

It’s a bit cheap saying we’ve only been out the CL a couple of seasons. As if we were somehow a big fucking contender.
We were irrelevant for just on a decade in it and IMO this is were the demise of the club began.
Liverpool put us to shame in that when they got back in as well as spuds now. United have had 2 QFs since Fergus went.

4 Likes

The reason we weren’t contenders is because of our weak mentality in the knockout phases. Largely down to the manager at the time.

1 Like

Well yeah agreed but the myth that we were a regular contender is the issue that annoys me.

1 Like

I hope you’re right. I already gave up the season ticket and voted with my feet after the last decade of unnecessary decline.

If they get the good (and I mean good) centre back and left back they need for next season I may even use my old red memberships to take me and my son to a few games and forget my boycott for a while.

I had real hope last year when we had a new coach and a big transfer window but then when they didn’t bring in at least one top defender in January who I think would’ve saved us the two extra points needed for third and it was obvious we needed that due to the situation at the time I lost hope again.

Fingers crossed my pessimism is ill founded.

2 Likes

I must say I am super worried about the short term. The optimism of 12 months ago in being under a whole new regime feels long gone following our double stumble at the end of the season. Instead we’re closer to being in a place before new era which has brought back some unwelcome demons.

If our first 6 weeks into the new season is a continuation of that it’s going to become another super toxic place where disappointment will breed that blame culture again. Not healthy as it feels like verdict on Unai is already out.

2 Likes

My jury is still out on Unai.

He did well in Spain especially Sevilla who he got to punch above their weight.

He got sacked by PSG but at least won titles.

Before Christmas the team looked more energetic and played good football for most of the unbeaten run. He got us to the final of the EL as well.

He did that inspite of inheriting inconsistent players like Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil, Kolasinac and Mhyktaryan.

Against that it looked like the team stopped playing for him at times after Christmas- perhaps they were just tired performances. If they come out the blocks well in a few weeks time he’ll get my vote of confidence but if we start the season the way we finished the last I think he’ll be the latest in the line of scape goats. I’ve got my fingers crossed it won’t be the latter.

He’s hard working (unlike lazy Sanhelli who’s had to employ Edu to belatedly do his job for him) and cares a lot and allegedly a very good coach. He seems a decent man so I hope he’ll succeed but we’ll see soon if he can. A few more Crystal Palace game style collapses and this poor hard working bloke is done.

2 Likes

I get that, but I wasn’t the one making the analogy.

@Kroenkeoutplease I wasn’t. I was a big critic of Wenger and felt like change was needed for a long earlier than it happened.

1 Like