Random football stuff

Another video about a player liking Ronaldo, @GC-Maniac ?

1 Like

this is getting weird now lol

2 Likes

It’s a bug, there’s two vids in the tweet:

1 Like

Ohhhh. I’ll allow it then lol

1 Like

Very convenient bug :eyes:

I thought I was losing it, lmao.

Seriously though. Doesn’t he look like a retired dad? Am I harsh? :rofl:

There’s this edit too:
20221207_131936

I actually feel bad for Lukaku, he has truly become a banter player, I can’t see him as a serious player anymore. I feel like I’m not alone.
Coming back to the PL was the worst thing that happened to him.

1 Like

Hopefully Markus makes a bigger impact at Rovers than his dad made at Arsenal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gonna be checking those Kerry fc results come the new season, nice to know they’re based in Tralee as well. Saw that a season ticket is €275 isn’t that a bit steep @shamrockgooner ?

1 Like

Yea bizarrely expensive, I think maybe even the most expensive across the two divisions. Mine for Rovers was 220.

Be good if they do well though. That end of the country needs some teams doing ok.

1 Like

Thoughts on Martin Tyler? Obviously he doesn’t compare favourably these days with Peter Drury, but I think he’s inoffensive

Awful commentator. He used to be the goat but needs to retire

Reminds me of Motson. Used to be quite good but has stayed at it too long. He is the voice of Sky Sports though and you’d imagine they just keep throwing money at him.

Tbh these guys have been memorable voices on great moments in the game.
Very knowledgeable on the history of the game Tyler.
Remember him being a coauthor on our centenary book.
Might be time for a change but I’ve got nothing against him.

1 Like

Most of these older commentators are also loved because they voiced memorable sporting moments. Whenever they show highlights from the 94’ WC I instantly remember and know what the commentator said when we scored a certain goal etc. Some of their phrases are classics and edged in our minds as much as the goal itself.

During covid they showed reruns of some classic WC games through the years, with the original commentators and pundits. It was terrible! Slow paced, bad pronunciations of names, wrong knowledge about players and so much irrelevant info. Today they try to make it exciting (sometimes exaggerated), but atleast you don’t fall asleep.

1 Like

My favourite football commentator has to be Alan Partridge…“Shit did you see that!”

4 Likes
1 Like

The last bit: “did you ever find out what the root cause of your mother’s depression was?”
“I think as soon as she had me to be honest” :slightly_frowning_face:

The phrase “never judge a book by its cover” has seldom felt more apt.

I don’t want to be a cunt, but why?

I think Lingard is often an annoying prick, that doesn’t mean that I think he’s never faced hardships or had mental health struggles at any point in his life. Annoying pricks go through hard times too.

I feel some compassion for him on a human level hearing that, cos he’s merely a mild annoyance, not some evil bastard, but it doesn’t really make me reassess anything about him as a public figure.

1 Like

Can’t stand him. Jizz’s over Utd too much. De Gea could take a short goal kick and he’d cream himself.

1 Like