Random football stuff

fyi

It’s like reverse nominative determinism lol

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s a bit dumb.
Completely beats the point if you’re essentially forcing people to do something.

Kinda confirms that it’s all about optics and nothing to do with the message.

No different to McClean not wanting to wear the poppy. People might disagree with the reasons but he’s allowed have his own thoughts at the end of the day. Will cost him a few quid too I’m sure.

Definitely. Problem comes though with pressure groups and how that impacts sponsors.

PES commentator :heart:

1 Like

Just watching MLS. When did Shaqiri move to and captain Chicago Fire? Last I heard he was at Lyon

He moved this year. Lyon realised they couldn’t afford his wages - especially when he wasn’t justifying the salary.

I’d like to know what Gueye’s reasons are. Hopefully he isn’t claiming it’s on religious grounds, given that at previous clubs he’s been seemingly fine with wearing shirts with beer and gambling companies emblazoned across them.

Though of course it might not be to do with religion, or his personal beliefs, but because it wouldn’t go down well in his homophobic home country.

Either way, his choice. Devalues the message if you force people to participate against their will. I’d rather know who supports the cause and message sincerely and have those who don’t make that clear by refusing to participate.

Gueye should have some decency and follow the stance of his club, PSG, who are well-known for being one of the true arbiters of moral soundness.

3 Likes

One of them was that Trusty we signed in January lol

1 Like

:joy:

Not that it matters, he’ll never play a second for us regardless.

1 Like

:us:pashun

1 Like

Oh David…

3 Likes

Barnet away

4 Likes

Fancy yamaka

Women’s UEFA Champions League final now.

Live:

Barca - Lyon (again). Lyon 0-2 up at the moment

1 Like

1-3 before HT lol. Cracker of a game

1 Like

I can always find time to watch Barcelona lose a football game, go Lyon :kroenke:

edit: ahhhh, rip cuntalans :ozil: Lyon win 3-1. proper.

2 Likes

I missed the first Lyon goal, what a beauty.