Random football stuff

I feel like this thread was created for shit like highly esteemed Spanish midfielders doing DJ sets in Dalston lol

3 Likes
10 Likes

:joy:

This guy is such a fucking clown

4 Likes

Everything about Mauro Icardi screams criminal.
He will definitely end up in prison one day.

Or he will be one of those who can’t live his life without drama so he will needlessly mess around.

not a great look for Benz

I hope he retires soon and goes away in obscurity

Me too, then Giroud will be recalled and will break the France scoring record.

1 Like

One for @Castiel @BizzySignal

Press it for a clearer read

2 Likes

Stewart Thompson is Canadian and can watch whatever match he wants at home. I don’t think he is the one who should be crusading for this. He doesn’t have the same passion or experience of the game. And his idea of charging the same for streaming as a match day ticket is just fucking ridiculous.

Such a strange career. He’s cleaned up at the club level, he’s Florentino Perez’s large adult son and favorite signing, and yet, if he wasn’t such a piece of shit as a person he’d have a WC winner’s medal!

Actually I take that back. France probably don’t win with him in the side. They needed a scrub like Giroud to do the work, not complain and let others carry the scoring load.

1 Like

Thanks for the article bro, agree with the points in it and as we said a few months back why the blackout should be gone. Ultimately people who want to watch the game will turn to piracy and illegal streams, which means that it doesn’t really benefit anyone. May as well capitalise on it themselves and get the extra revenue.

1 Like

Sure they can lift the 3pm thing but the problem is how would it stop something like this

The TV companies are still going to want to show the maximum number of games and we’re already at a stage where 2/3 of PL games are not played at 3pm on a Saturday.

Multiple games being played at the same and being shown has never been sky’s model and it’s never going to be so even if the games could be shown there’s a good chance they wouldn’t be. If they ever launch PLTV it will possibly solve this issue but I also suspect when that day comes most of us will have little interest in paying the kind of prices they will be looking for.

Don’t blame him lol

1 Like

If United persisted with Moyes for 2/3months, Toni Kroos would have been a United player.

Kroos is another player that I have no idea why we weren’t in for, especially considering our standing at the time.

3 Likes

He wasn’t convinced by Giggs then.

How do you know we weren’t? I think most clubs inquire about all the good players almost all the time.

It’s a massive factor for the player how a club behaves though (or their recent history) I think. United won the league in 2013. Real Madrid won the league in 2012 and would win the CL in 2014 early that summer. Most of these players would pick any of those two giants over us no matter what, probably, unless you have some unusual factor playing in.

also, El Clásico in a couple of hours and derby d’Italia later, good football today peeps :blush:

Common sense.

Arsenal weren’t linked with him at the time. Reports of an interest would typically have been leaked by player, agent or club.

It’s very typical of Wenger and/or Arsenal to come out and say we could have had ‘player x’. Someone has probably made an XI of all the quality players we’ve missed out on. Toni Kroos does not feature.

Lastly, Toni Kroos and his agent haven’t exactly been secretive about the clubs that were in for him.

That I don’t disagree with, but Arsenal acquired Özil and Alexis. I think it could have been done.

Kroos was convinced by Moyes despite United languishing in 7th place. I think Wenger still had enough charm to do the same.

1 Like

Yeah I think it was probably him or Alexis then and we probably rightly got Alexis since we had Özil and Alexis scored a bunch of goals. We already had Özil from the year before and while you can play both of them, Kroos is a straight up defensive liability many times, in Real, Modric covers for him a lot defensively while Casemiro sits behind them and they play/ed the type of football where their own side of the pitch was mostly just Ramos and Varane vs the world. Here it’d be even worse. We’d have to compensate for that a lot.

Not impossible but then I think getting a goal scorer was the better choice.

Odd that he didn’t think he could learn from one of the PL’s greatest ever central midfielders eh @Flexo :wink:

2 Likes