Random football stuff

I was speaking to a Leicester fan the other day.

He’d take the L against Man City tomorrow if it means beating them in the Cup final. There’s no way Leicester beat em 3 times in 1 season.

(Again, as you say, a lot to do til then. It’d be just like Leicester to falter v Southampton)

Normally, I’m the one to prophesize the Rodgers choke-job. But everyone’s too shit as a whole. Think top 4 is in the bag for Leicester either way. Focusing on the cup is a sound idea.

1 Like

Perfect time for him to drop off now. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Took awhile to develop and a bigger club probably doesn’t wait around.
Be interesting too see if he becomes a Vassel or a Vardy in terms of relevancy now.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Absolutely unstoppable that season. At the time I fucking hated it but looking back you just have to admire how incredible he was. The whole team was just on amazing form, mourinho squeezed every last drop out of them, so were exhausted the next season for Milan to walk to the scudetto, but all totally worth it for that treble they fully deserved.

One of the best teams in Italian football history.

8 Likes

Can’t understand how it took so long for one of the bigger teams to sign him. All those years at Genoa and Zaragoza.

2 Likes

Man, I really miss that Serie A.
Used to watch the shit out of it with my dad.

What a banger match this was.

2 Likes

You’ve now shown you know what a proper striker looks like.

So what excuses do you now have for your Lacazette propaganda? :pires2:

3 Likes

It was already a done deal at kick off if you played against me when I was Inter on FIFA 10

4 Likes

Ooh that’s a great line Stroller

2 Likes
1 Like

He was absolutely incredible that season. Idk… He wasn’t a striker who impressed with some physical attributes, neither he was insanely skilled… But everything he touched he turned to gold that season. As it says, so many important goals. And also, he’s yet just ANOTHER elite striker you forget in the sea of great strikers at that time… Nowadays football is just depraved in that area.

And yeah, as @Gio said too, that Inter team was just such a well oiled machine. They just throw that theory that you need years to build a team completely in the water, and I’d usually agreed on it…

Sold Ibra, got Eto’o, Milito, Sneijder, Motta, Lucio… idk who else too. Basically got half of the starting XI in that summer before the season and destroyed everything. I’ll never forget that, also Mourinho’s epic shithousing agaisnt Barca in the return leg, after a brilliant performance in the first game.

1 Like
9 Likes

For all the hype, this guy has only played 108 professional games.
Mark Randall has played more

Still triggered over Neville yesterday. Thank fuck Carra called him out on all nonsense he was chatting.

I think the fact that there was a core made it easier for Mourinho tho :). Julio Cesar, Maicon, Cordoba (or Materazzi), Chivu, Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso were there years before he arrived.

Quality goal, need this against Chelsea !

2 Likes

They’ve been great in the Champions League.
Chelsea better not sleep on them.

artetas football is miles better…honestly, truly :pepe1: