Random Arsenal stuff

Which other clubs have agreed to pay cuts? I thought the rest were just deferring wages instead.

Denilson interview if anyone is interested. Posting because I’m not sure if the athletic is still free or not

It is free for some.

Meanwhile mugs like us are paying someone, somewhere to give us articles about people like Denilson who we couldn’t care less about.

4 Likes

The Atheletic is a con and really isn’t that great. The content is not paywall worthy. The best things are the podcasts and they are free via your podcast apps anyway.

2 Likes

I didn’t think The Athletic ones were, not that I listen to them anyway lol

Tbh my sub was a gift, there were no other gifts I particularly wanted at Xmas, so felt it worth taking a punt. I do think that while sport is being played there is lots of good content worth having access to, but truth be told, I won’t pay for my own sub when this is done. I just don’t quute personally read enough about sport to bother

The Athletic podcasts are free, but I think they’re pretty shit to be honest. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and their ones are defo pretty far down the order. They’re pretty boring in comparison to other football ones, I find myself switching off. I think podcasts need to have a little humour in them as well as being informative. And they just don’t have that.

The Arsenal podcast actually has Ian Stone on, he thinks he is funny, but isn’t.

3 Likes

I know that name, Ian Stone. Is it from the Alan Davies podcast? He really is about as funny as cot death.

Yeah I realised they were free after subscribing and just feel scammed now lol.

1 Like

Do you not like it?

Lee Dixon is great on it and Amy Lawrence is probably the best arsenal writer out there.

I listen every week. I much prefer serious football podcasts over jokey ones.

Did you listen to the long form interview with Amy Lawrence on Arsecast that dropped some time in the last two weeks? Really very good.

1 Like

No. Will at some point tho. As I listen to about two a day now haha

A post was merged into an existing topic: Paul Vaessen

That bastard Taylor costing us winning the title in 2007/08

Good article tho this bit on Wilshere is interesting

Lewin believes part of the problem is the legacy of a challenge by Paddy McNair in a November 2014 game against Manchester United, that kept Wilshere out for five months. At the time, Wenger said the tackle was “not malicious because I don’t think McNair wanted to hurt Jack, but it’s a very late tackle”.

“I didn’t work with Jack at Arsenal because he was a schoolboy, so my main work with him was with England,” says Lewin. “Jack was a great lad and he worked so hard but he’s just been very unlucky with a lot of injuries. The tackle that really messed his ankle up was in the game against Manchester United.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

:weary:

1 Like

Oh God, this one again :joy:

Pat Rice?! Is nobody safe?!

1 Like

They’ve both had a good run and it’s good having complete change. Also shows a sign of trust and endorsement by the board.