Random Arsenal stuff

I know that name, Ian Stone. Is it from the Alan Davies podcast? He really is about as funny as cot death.

Yeah I realised they were free after subscribing and just feel scammed now lol.

1 Like

Do you not like it?

Lee Dixon is great on it and Amy Lawrence is probably the best arsenal writer out there.

I listen every week. I much prefer serious football podcasts over jokey ones.

Did you listen to the long form interview with Amy Lawrence on Arsecast that dropped some time in the last two weeks? Really very good.

1 Like

No. Will at some point tho. As I listen to about two a day now haha

A post was merged into an existing topic: Paul Vaessen

That bastard Taylor costing us winning the title in 2007/08

Good article tho this bit on Wilshere is interesting

Lewin believes part of the problem is the legacy of a challenge by Paddy McNair in a November 2014 game against Manchester United, that kept Wilshere out for five months. At the time, Wenger said the tackle was “not malicious because I don’t think McNair wanted to hurt Jack, but it’s a very late tackle”.

“I didn’t work with Jack at Arsenal because he was a schoolboy, so my main work with him was with England,” says Lewin. “Jack was a great lad and he worked so hard but he’s just been very unlucky with a lot of injuries. The tackle that really messed his ankle up was in the game against Manchester United.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

:weary:

1 Like

Oh God, this one again :joy:

Pat Rice?! Is nobody safe?!

1 Like

They’ve both had a good run and it’s good having complete change. Also shows a sign of trust and endorsement by the board.

I thought pat muller rice left us years ago

Exec director Ken Friar who has been here for 70 years steps down from his position on the board.

The club is in the hands of good people in Stan and Josh Kroenke, the board and our staff.

I don’t know much about him but have heard and seen his name and face pop up here and there all my Arsenal life and I feel a bit sad, like I don’t know what he was doing here but whatever it was he was part of the old guard.

Oh well. Also that quote there, I know you have to say things like that, but idno man.

The club is in the hands of good people in Stan and Josh Kroenke.

If Friar really believes this is true then I would suggest he is stepping down from the board on the recommendation of his psychiatrist.

He has happily worked alongside the Kroenkes for a decade. He believes it, he’s not saying it to be nice.

2 Likes

I really should be working but reading this football pull out from The Mirror in 2004 is a far more enjoyable way to start the day.

8 Likes

Nice!! I have the back pages from when we won The FA Cup in 2014 haha