Mendy
Cancelo Stones Dias Shaw
Kante KDB Fernandes
Kane Salah Grealish

Player of season: Dias
Young player of season: Mount
Manager of season: Guardiola

Mount as best YPOTY but he doesn’t get a spot in the team? :man_shrugging:

I don’t have any young players in my team though. He is the best young player, but not in the best XI players. Pretty simple really :sweat_smile:

1 Like

TOTY:

—————-Emi——————
Cancelo - Dias - Maguire - Shaw
——Gundogan - Rodri——-
—————-Bruno————-——-
—Salah - Kane -Grealish——

POTY: Dias

YPOTY: Foden

MOTY: Moyes

Thought this was a wind up when I saw the GK, but the rest of the team, I agree with, except I would have Foden in for Grealish, who was injured for a fairly long period…

The Emi thing was actually a mini windup.

I don’t actually think there is a standout GK choice so really just throwing him a bone.

I wouldn’t argue with Foden over Grealish.

1 Like

Big Emi

Coufal
Stones
Dias
Shaw

Fernandes
Soucek
Gundogan

Grealish
Kane
Salah

Manager: Moyes

Player: Dias

Young Player: Foden

Grealish has played more games and minutes than Foden even though he’s been injured since February.

Foden has started a mere 15 games for Man City in the league.

Ruben Dias - POTY???

The official TOTY is a bit shit too.

1 Like

Standard of defender is in the bin when Dias is being heralded as being the best in the division lol

1 Like

Huh?

Dias has been top class, they may not have won the league without him. That was on par with the impact VVD had.

3 Likes

Have to agree on this. They suffered badly the season before when Kompany left but this guy took his mantle and is perhaps an even better all round player.
Like VVD impact brought others on too. Good leadership qualities as well.

1 Like

Maybe the Ruben Dias clips have been cherrypicked somewhat, but those errors do make him look a bit more ‘bog-standard’. Certainly wouldn’t be as heralded if he was playing in red and white.

He’s not VVD levels for me, though he’s had an excellent season and is the standout City performer across the year.

In this very thread, I picked Dias for POTY, but I’d switch my pick to Harry Kane.

1 Like

Which clips are those? The ones before he came to the PL?

Because when I assess how he’s impacted City its definitely similar, they looked down and out and when he came in they went on a 15 game winning run that was based on their defence, how many clean sheets were they keeping? Multiple 1-0 victories, they don’t do that without him. He brings leadership to that defence like no one else can in that team.

He deseerves player of the year, Kane was great but Dias was great too and lead his team to the PL title.

1 Like

This one…

I see, I don’t too much stock in that, the way City play leaves their defenders particularly CB’s exposed as the line is so ridiculously high.

The good far outweighs stuff like that IMO

2 Likes

The mini Premier League crown is a new addition, no?

I don’t think he deserved it this season IMO.

Shoule be Dias or Kane and if neither then Gundogan.

Was not a PFA winning season for me.

1 Like

Kane did deserve it tbf

Giving it to Dias is a bit much. Maybe gundogan.

1 Like