Premier League 2022/23

Everton are so weak offensively. They badly need DCL back, but can they rely on him staying fit?

Dropped a lot of points second half of last season and died in Europe when things seemed promising.
They’ve stalled and will stagnate this season. Moyes doesn’t evolve.

I think Poch to WH would be great for both parties.

1 Like

Fair, I’m just focusing on this season tbh as last season they still did better than I expected. I don’t think they’re realistically expecting anything better than Europa league this season and I reckon he could still deliver that.

Played well in their two ‘‘cup finals’’ against Chelsea and Spurs, unlucky to only take 1 point from both when it should’ve been 4 really.

I was surprised how much they ended up spending though, adds pressure on the manager when I don’t really think the signings actually improved them much at all.

1 Like

He’s been very stubborn in not playing his new signings.

Bowen has lost his one season wonder status aswell didn’t help

1 Like

you mean gained.
Never understood the fuss about him. He always felt like he was playing out of his skin last season.

4 Likes

Tbh Kehrer has played a lot and not done the business and Paqueta seems to have been heavily involved since he came in.

Maybe some of the others were done without his approval? Wouldn’t blame him not disrupting his team if that’s the case.

Yep, I would’ve been snapping clubs hands off for anything 60m+ like was rumoured

1 Like

Yep. He had good product last season but never saw any outstanding quality in him. He’s a decent player anyway.

Imagine if we’d spent £80m on him :joy:

1 Like

Playing under Arteta and Moyes is chalk and cheese though.
Same argument with Maddison. Add them to this squad and your much stronger in depth and quality.

But he was playing under Moyes last season when he scored all those goals?

I don’t see Bowen as a player who would have fit our style anyway, I think he’s too direct.

Sometimes a player just hits a rich vein of form and struggles to find it again.

3 Likes

Maddison is a much more suitable player for Arsenal than Bowen.

But Maddison would have cost us 50-60m while Vieira cost us 32m with lesser wages.

Maddison could have been bought last season.

Iwobi has looked very good as a midfielder. Maybe i was a bit hard on him.

5 Likes

Congrats to Ethan. I hope these is just the beginning.

—————

Harsh analysis…these names below is a reminder that this means nothing. (Lennon and Elliot aren’t bad)

I remember there was a kid at Barnsley who broke the record similarly at the age of 15. He’s now 29 years old and playing for Halifax.

1 Like

He looks older than Martinelli. What do they feed him?

2 Likes

Can’t wait for his hair transplant documentary

1 Like

You’d be gutted if you were one of those boys who’ve been on the bench for a year without a sniff to see this kid get some minutes because it would give us a useless record :ozil:

He did look in surprisingly good shape for his age though. Didn’t stand out as looking like a little boy at all to me.

2 Likes

West ham looked relatively good on paper but have 4 points from 21 and only scored 3 goals.

Leicester City wow, continue to be this poor defensively and they’ll be in a dogfight.