Premier League 2022/23

See there’s another issue here for me as fans we never acknowledge and that’s the respect side of refereeing.
Now tbf you can use your point on transparency to defend a degree of fans arguments if you want.
This for me though starts at grassroots level. As early as kids football at u8s for example with a kid of 12 up refereeing.
He’s getting abuse from parents on the sidelines which filters down to the kids on the pitch.
Blame culture starts here.
Open age amateur football reported it’s highest incidents of refs being assaulted or attacked in 2022.
The day Klopp got sent off against city all amateur football was cancelled in Merseyside that week in a protest by refs after a spate of attacks.
Kind of ironic nobody thought this worthy of questioning after the dust settled after this game.
Not directly responsible obviously but you see the point I’m making.
Now going back to your point on inclusiveness of all races etc.
Your going to have to start at the bottom and work up obviously.
It’s difficult enough in these circumstances and must be even more off putting if this is the reality of your journey as a person of different colour I would think.
I think your suggestion on mic of refs has room for discussion but I’d also suggest the fourth official should be as well.
Not a coach in the game comes off good questioning him.
Think we might all be a bit embarrassed if we heard some of the comments made by managers.
Not once has a decision on field been changed with any of that gesticulating.

2 Likes

As much fun as it is to take the piss out of old fatty, he got given a chance initially because of his name in the game.

Did pretty well at derby tbf, then at Chelsea got top 4 with a lot of young English players which made him look better than he is.

Everton are just dumb fucks.

1 Like

Yeah that is certainly an issue. It’s an issue here too, not just in youth football but in baseball especially where the parents are fucking maniacs. Like, get a grip Karen, your kid is not a meal ticket, they’re a slightly above average athlete whose parents were able to pay exorbitant registration fees to get into a travel team.

I’m not a person of color so obviously I can’t answer that. But I think in a league that is so cosmopolitan and diverse that exists in a country that is so diverse (in pockets), it might help weed out some unconscious biases officials have. No more Mark Clattenberg yucking it up with “Wazza” on the pitch, you know? What if an official even spoke more than one language?

Yes, you’re going to have to dramatically increase recruitment in more diverse areas. Maybe fund training programs in different areas. I mean, my frame is so brittle if I took a single tackle in a competitive match I’d shatter like Sam Jackson in Unbreakable but being an official would be a way to still stay involved in a sport I love. You’d think that’s a way to get teens and young adults interested in training to be officials.

The microphones would be the first thing I’d mandate. And you know what? A lot of coaches, including our coach, would end up looking silly. But it would be a real insight into how the refs behave and how the players behave, and I think a lot of dumb shit would get cleaned up.

2 Likes

Guarantee this is the headline the media want following the NLD. Ref will surely give them a penalty to help easter island head :moyai: out.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I now draw your attention to Casemiro’s booking totals. He is 2 bookings away from suspension.

‘If there’s a god…’

5 Likes

Hopefully our game vs Everton gets rearranged for that midweek also, last thing we need is United getting another 3 points closer to us on the table.

I’d rather have a weeks rest to give ourselves the best chance of beating United personally.

2 Likes

Not a fan of games in hand whilst other sides rack up points…

Points on the board over games in hand always my preference, winning builds momentum also.

1 Like

Of course as a general point I’d agree.

But United is one of our toughest games left for the season and they’re a rival. It’s more important to take 3 points against United then to keep the games played column equal.

With you on this one, dgaf what united are doing this season - they’re 9 behind us.

What matters most is maximising our chance of beating them and staying ahead of city.

Your house is next.

I reckon there are many better ways we could use police time and resources

13 Likes

In reality they go to about 10 homes and use the media to create fear to put a load of people off.

Do they actually go to homes. Never heard of case.
Unless they’re actively providing those streams and you have concrete proof they do, it’s hard to do much else about it.

(Some of the picks from people :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:, you would think we weren’t league leaders the way some of them picked their team)

This one is probably closest to the right answer. If there is one.

Really can’t think of a consistent LB, and I guess Almiron deserves to be in it

4 Likes

Yes, I also struggled with LB which is why I quit coming up with one. :rofl:

It should be Zinchenko but he missed one too many games so far. If he stays fit for the rest of the season though it’s a no brainer.

Almiron over Saka
Gabriel over Saliba
Saliba over Schar
Dan Burn over Zinchenko

Zinchenko hasn’t played enough games in my book.

2 Likes

This feels unnecessary :grin:

2 Likes