Podcasts & Audiobooks

I find he’s a great interviewer

1 Like

He really is, there never seems to be this probing agenda with him and he’s super empathetic which I have a lot of time for.

Think I’ll give the Jesse lingard one a miss though.

1 Like

Does the title of the podcast bear any relation to the content? Diary of a CEO. Is he the CEO? In what respect is it a diary, if it’s more about his interviewees than his own life? Or are the guests the “CEO” in this equation?

Shallow of me, but I’ve always found the title to be a little bit off putting. I think I also saw that Piers Morgan and Molly Mae Hagen were guests and assumed it was predominantly a podcast that hosted twats.

1 Like

:joy:that genuinely made me laugh.

Ha, this is the podcast that Molly Mae made her “we all have the same 24 hours in a day” comment on. She got roasted for that.

1 Like

Has lots of different celebs on it tbh. His football ones in particular are excellent. Give it a listen before you slate it lol.

He does the interviewer position very well.

Be fair, I did say my snap judgement based on the title was me being shallow, I’m quite aware that it’s not fair to judge it before having listened lol.

Seriously though, who is the CEO? Is it mostly a business based podcast?

1 Like

its just him interviewing celebs about their life haha.

He is the CEO. Probably just a cool podcast title he thought of :joy:

Bartlett is the Founder and CEO of Social Chain an integrated social media company.

1 Like

He’s also one of the dragons on Dragon’s Den. He is only 30, and his book is called Happy Sexy Millionaire in case anyone wants to feel any more inferior :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s definitely not that

2 Likes

Dan Carlin dropped a new podcast/audiobook, for you fellow history fans

1 Like

Shamia Begum story. 4 episodes in and good investigative journalism with Josh Baker and candid interviewing with Begum and others involved.
Lot more to this than the banner headlines. 10 episodes in all.

2 Likes

Love his stuff, so in depth. Will give this a listen.

Love Arsecast extra but they should be capped at 90 minutes otherwise I lose interest as it was nearly two hours long this week! Had to skip the last 15 minutes to mark it as played.

Thats a fucking movie lads. You don’t need that amount of time to talk about the villa game and answer a few listener questions

Just speed it up.

I’m listening to “Scamanda” right now and it is so good . It follows a young woman, mother-to-be who is diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer, beats it but then gets cancer again only this time it’s terminal. Her Church community rally around her, raise a ton of money for her and her family to help pay for treatment, pay for bucket-list experiences and items and yet…she doesn’t die. She somehow keeps living with this terminal diagnosis. Obviously the clue to the pod is in the name but it’s still worth a listen.

Listened to David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me book. He sounds like a machine and he gives you a real life account of how far the human body can be pushed.

I thought the concept of narrating and commenting on chapters was pretty cool rather than just read the book. Noice.

1 Like

This was an excellent listen. A ridiculous human.

1 Like

I’ve got a mate who is absolutely fan boy no.1, all he ever goes on about or posts is his stuff.
Is he worth a listen or is it just more ex military macho bollocks?

2 Likes

Haha, he is a remarkable man.

The book is more of a biography of his life so far; the first quarter or so is based on his painful upbringing, the next is the more military focused stuff (but it’s all about the training aspect of it, it really doesn’t go into depth on missions etc) and the last part of it is more or less a wind-down of where he’s at and the last 10 years of what he has accomplished.

I think it’s partly why I’ve been watching ultramarathon documentaries. I don’t even run long distance but love the idea of what the human body can do when pushed to the nth degree. It’s meant to be a self-help book but I’m too much of a wuss/don’t have the mindset to carry it through for some of the challenges he sets within the book, but you can get pretty amped up just listening to the hard shit he has put himself through, it’s fucking mad and well worth a read!