PlayStation 5

It is available but I think it’s off the PSN after the various issues they had.nyou’ll have to get a physical copy.
The next gen patch is not out yet so I would wait if I was you.

1 Like

With AC games it depends what you like and which AC game you played last. The open world aspect and RPG questing has increased from Origins-Odyssey and I imagine Valhalla. The older AC games were more linear with a tighter more continuing storyline. Basically modern AC is trying to be Witcher 3

Wasn’t the main problem that the PS4 simply wasn’t capable of running it? While the PS4s GPU element is ancient, the PS4s CPU component is hot garbage, it’s no wonder it couldn’t run.

PC and PS5 users had far less problems

I loved the earlier AC games but don’t think I picked up too many of the later games. I’m a big history geek, so I enjoy these kind of games more than others. I’ve read good things about AC but just wanted some additional opinions before I slapped £50-60 on it.

Play Astro play to begin with shows of the controller and the end boss battle is great nostalgia.

God of war looks fantastic on ps5 if you have that in your library

2 Likes

Ah shit, you’re right. Most of Sony’s exclusives got a PS5 update, God of War was one of them.
It’s included in the PS Plus Collection.

Yes you’re essentially right, it was really just the old generation players who were suffering and deserved a refund. The bandwagon was crazy strong though and every single gamer seems to be a whiney bitch these days who can’t think for themselves so loads of new generation gamers went in for the refund too without even giving it a chance.

Sony probably got fed up and decided to just take it down until CD sorted their shit out. Then they never put it up again lol. I have it digital on my PS5 and truthfully I enjoyed it, it isn’t perfect but honestly what game is, there was nothing game breaking in my 70hrs of play through.

Wish I hadn’t deleted my PT demo or have one fire psn account I could sell.

1 Like

@SRCJJ
Days Gone is free with PSN plus and has a PS5 patch.

Ghost of Tsushima is a must too which has been upgraded to 60fps on PS5.

You wont be dissapointed

4 Likes

The AC game formula has changed quite a bit. @JakeyBoy maybe can tell you better than I can why he loved the early AC games but didn’t like the modern AC games. Because I still like the modern titles myself. But it’s changed from a constant narrative progression and where you’re a total bad ass from the start. Where as now you have tons of small quests and where you need to build up your skillset and might get your arse kicked early on.

As for historical reference points. Origins is ancient Egypt, Odyssey is ancient Egypt and Valhala is ancient Scandavia/Britain.

You never know if a title is going to gel with your tastes going in. For that reason I always buy all my games on sale. So if I only play them for a few hours I’m not too disapointed. Obviously when you have a new toy you want to take advantage of it right away

I mean CD Red took the commercial choice of selling shedloads on PS4/Xbox One when they actually designed it specifically for next gen. On PC you were running at 1080p and low settings on specs way above PS4 Pro with the GPU nevermind the CPU on those systems.

If they were going to make a PS4 version they should of put it on a massively downscaled engine. They tried to push the envelope on old hardware and inevitably fucked up

Yeh I agree the obvious solution was make it next generation and PC only, but they got greedy. It was a poor show all round, CD Projekt Red will say the fans and investors pushed them to put out an unfinished product and fans will fans will say it’s all CD Projekt Red’s fault that a massive game like that doesn’t run well on tired and washed up tech.

The truth is somewhere in between but if CD Projekt Red had balls they’d have made it next generation and PC only and pushed it back a month or two until it was more polished. Yes their stock value might have dropped a little with another delay, but a solid launch using the power of the next generation consoles and the already existing power of PC’s would have let them rebound.

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded this as I had it for PS4. When I play it on my PS5, will it automatically be slightly more polished?

Play the Demon Souls remaster, I haven’t had much time to play anything else. But that game is sick, there’s a bunch of PS4 games which also have been scaled up if you don’t feel like spending anymore money. Also check the settings and up the FPS games will run that much better.

2 Likes

Seeing many claims that it’s the best looking game out there? Do you agree?
Insane work by Bluepoint Games as per.

1 Like

Honestly you would think it’s a brand new game. It’s a proper next gen, challenging but rewarding combat, can be played multiple times in various different ways, amazing graphics and awesome soundtrack. They have done an outstanding job remastering to the point it’s kind of under selling it by calling it a remaster. One of the best games I’ve played in years, would highly recommend it to anyone who has a PS5.

1 Like

Ghost of Tsushima for damn sure is worth playing on PS5.

The fucking visuals and frame rate on an already top class and enjoyable game… basically any top PS4 title like Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, God of War all play amazing on the 5.

3 Likes

Yes the update should come down in the full install

1 Like

Had ff7 to that list it look beautiful on ps5 I been playing it yesterday

What’s that game where you;re basically a delivery guy but travel across vast worlds that are just absolutely breathtaking? Sure it was PS4 but would be very intrigued to see how it is on the ps5!

Death stranding, that;s it, someone recommended it a while ago on here I think, but yeah I’d love to see that.

I heard Death Stranding was such a let down given the hype around it