Players You Liked

Yeah, but you want those type of players to be utility players. Like Park at United. Not your starting guys.

2 Likes

Just because of the team he played for really. I fucking hated that team. They ruined football for me. So incredibly talented, some of the best players ever all in one team, yet they had to cheat to win a lot of their silverware.

2 Likes

yeah they were a swarm of despicable cunts for a while there weren’t they. Messi and Iniesta likeable throughout though imo as they were the ones who didn’t chat shite and just played and did it well. Even the great Xavi started chatting shite towards the end smh

1 Like

A lot of players I liked are alreday mentioned above… So I’ll just go to Ji Sung Park.
I was fucking genuinely jelaous on United for having such a top top quality player playing such a squaddie role in the team… he would like miss a big part of the season, being fit, on the bench, because all the quality the had in the staring XI… then Fergie just pushes him in a big game and straight away he delivers a top performance like it was nothing. Because he was just that good. I just admired him so much. Of course his work rate, important defensive work he would do at times, but he was very very underrated going forward (mosly by Unitwd fans in the first place)… I’d have him in my team over a guy like Nani any day, no discussion. A very intelligent player, he’d rarely make a wrong move, quick, good dribbler, good link up, composed finisher… Kinda simmilar to Ljungberg. Absolutely loved him.

The part about understanding of the space is what most people miss I think. Again, fucking love the guy, I’d just play a team of 11 Parks if I could :mustafi: I already admired him when he was at PSV too…man that season when they got knocked out against Milan in the last minute… :giroud3:

1 Like

Mueller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Neuer.

I will remember their '14 World Cup for the rest of my life.

EDIT:

Didn’t read the OP before posting. I have no reason to dislike these leg-ends.

4 Likes

Man I totally forgot Schweinsteiger was actually a United played for a while, I’m still kinda bewildered about it now…
Says a lot about his impact. Quite incredible how he sunk so quickly after being one of the most dominat midfielders in the world for a few years. Damn, United’s transfers after Fergie…

3 Likes

F’ckin Rooney, the fat fuck.

Had we built a team around someone like him instead of Fabregas, we’d have won a lot more between 2005 and 2014

2 Likes

But not their ’10 World Cup? Fackin’ traitor.

1 Like

Ronaldinho, nedved, seedorff, Cafu and Roberto Carlos :giroud2:

Edit: not forgetting CR7 and Messi

Don’t talk to me about that cheating German scum. :bellerin: :charlie: :gabriel: :laca: :papa: :pepe2: :torreira: :xhaka:

2010 Germany was much better. Played absolutely fantastic. Probably the most enjoyable national team I ever watched.

The 2006 German side was more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Id hasten to say the semi in Dortmund between us and Germany was worthy of being the final. One of my favourite ever football memories.

I’d actually put it top, above going on to win it, for the sheer drama right at the end. Gol di Grosso, gol di Grosso, gol di Grosso, gol di Grosso! Andiamo a Berlino Beppe!!!

4 Likes

You’re clearly overlooking the 2002 German side

That 2002 team overperformed. They had a bit of a favourable draw, playing the likes of USA (who were unlucky) and South Korea in the semi final.

Khan was outstanding. Really wanted Germany to win the final just based on the stupid English media constantly knocking Germany at any given opportunity

2 Likes

Rudi Völler. A complete asshole on the pitch with a preposterous moustache to match it. Him and Klinsmann in the 94 WC…

1 Like

1 Like

Had a special breakout

2 Likes

Nahh, not even close imo.

David Silva been a credit to the premier league and a total professional throughout. Polar opposite in every way to Ozil. Class act.

1 Like