Players and manager not showing enough appreciation to the fans

If the players don’t care (regardless of their astronomical incomes, ego’s, fake passion, or anything else related to this), then why should the fans? why bother even going to games to cheer the team on? why not stay at home in the comfort of our homes, order a pizza and watch the game and simply switch channels when the full time whistle blows?

I’ve seen the same posters here who say this really isn’t an issue also praise the fans for their passion, especially the away support. so i ask again, why should the fans cheer on their team when the team/manager shows no appreciation for the support? is it really so much to ask for? i wonder if we were to ask those fans who travel all over the country and all over Europe without fail if they give a shit if players thank them or not- what they would say. my guess is there will be a few that just don’t give a shit one way or the other, but the vast majority will care. that’s obviously my opinion and without asking those fans there is no way to know 100%

Clapping fans for me is dependent on the situation.

Going 3-0 down at Bournemouth and scraping a point isn’t something to be happy about for example. If the players came over clapping, I’d find it patronising as fuck. Go and win the fucking game, do your job, and we’ll clap YOU. Don’t churn out a bog average display, come over slow-clapping like you give a toss, then drive home in your Ferrari.
Not for me - I’d much rather see a reaction like Sanchez’.

1 Like

Robbie from Arsenal fan TV is beginning to piss me off !
He’s everywhere now but this is a recent thing !
How does Arsenalfant TV make any money though ??

I can respect that view.

Yes, the result is important, hell i fucking hate it when we lose a pre-season friendly, let alone a competitive game. the result and 3 points ultimately is what matters most of all. i hate seeing gutless and weak performances as much as anybody else. i can take a loss IF the players have given all they could to try and win the game. but once that final whistle goes, go and show some fucking appreciation to those fans who’ve taken time out from their lives to come and support their team.

As for the spineless, pathetic performances, well that’s down to the manager and we will continue seeing such performances until Wenger leaves, and depending on our next manager.

I stopped watching that shite months ago. for your own sanity, i suggest everybody else do likewise :slight_smile:

I dont watch it as a rule but watched a min or two of his player clapping rant b4 reaching for the stop button.
Im sorely tempted to get a few together and rout the whole shabby mob of them but that would make me as bad as they !

1 Like

Now that I’d watch

1 Like

I used to have more of a problem with this than I do now (10+ years ago). I think anyone that has an issue with this really needs to consider how disconnected players are from supporters in 2017 compared to just 20 odds years ago where you could catch squad members in and around the streets and pubs of Highbury, using public transport (shock horror!) etc.

I guess fans are more ready to turn on players thesedays for the same reasons. I can’t claim any great ‘love’ for my own Arsenal players. They’re doing a job for my club at this particular point in time, hence when they leave I harbour no grudges towards them. Assuming they do the decent thing and don’t sign for Tottenham. Players are kept well away from us mere mortals thesedays, the exception being pre-season tours and even that is becoming rarer.

2 Likes

Solely based on the 3 games I attended, in the two disappointing draws the club had(Palace,Sunderland last season), only Cech and Bellerin came to clap the fans for their support.

In the win against West Brom more players showed appreciation. It’s definitely easier to give thanks when you win. But when a result goes wrong they probably just feel sour about it and want to get in the locker room.

Will say I did appreciate Hector and Petr coming over. But I wasn’t lambasting the players who didn’t.