Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Cost us EL semi final. Xhaka at left back instead of Saka.

He still played Auba on the left and Laca centrally last season even when he had more wide options available, so itā€™s something that heā€™s done regardless. Auba playing wide under Arteta hasnā€™t been a decision that heā€™s taken rarely when heā€™s had to, itā€™s been consistent. We should be looking for a stick to beat him with at this stage.

1 Like
1 Like

Only early in the season, admittedly it went on too long. Kept trying to rediscover the system of the FA Cup wins. Saka will start to play and another attacking midfielder will surely be signed (option to push ESR left). Not a big problem right now. Got to get the main members of the squad match fit

1 Like

I hope so, but I just think weā€™ve persisted with it for too long even when other options were available and itā€™s looking unlikely at this point that Aubameyang will come out the other side of his stint playing out there looking like the player we want to see.

Iā€™ll reserve judgement on this Auba LW nonsense for now as Iā€™m expecting Saka to be a starter and us to sign a CAM to have more options.

2 Likes

Desperate pricks.

2 Likes

0/2 on these mega contracts

We really need to stop giving big contracts to anyone over 30.

3 Likes

If Aubameyang and Lacazette go, and they are replaced with Abraham, it will be similar to when Cesc and Nasri left and we replaced them withā€¦Arteta.

3 Likes

Aubameyang ainā€™t going nowhere, itā€™s The Sun trying to get clicks over nothing.

Or just stop misusing them?

Who the fuck makes the best paid player on the team a peripheral figure?

2 Likes

I think Aubameyang was the right choice. No one here seriously thought heā€™d be playing as a Winger most of the time Post-2020. Finding another goalscorer while your squad is leaking like a banged up ship just isnā€™t the play. No one anticipated Arteta would be this bad either.

There has been poor management decisions, making him captain is just not it.

54 League goals in 83 before the extension. Can you really give that up?

7 Likes

Apparently so.

The only thing Iā€™ll be mad at him about is that FA cup he won us - it kept Arteta in a job.

But then we won a trophyā€¦

See how deranged that sounds?^

He won us a cup and you now are treating him like this?

He was us a cup two seasons ago.

Time waits for no one.

This is Arsenal. We are not good in honoring contracts we handed out.

On the contrary, we honor contracts even when we put them on high wages and they donā€™t even play.

3 Likes

I can see us spending a lot on another Chelsea reject who disappoints while the old guys see out their mega contracts from the bench/swimming pool.

Aubas new contract going from bad to worse if the last few weeks are anything to go by.

To be exact, the players never chose not to play.
It was the manager(s)

I was against giving any player especially of his age range a massive contract like he got.

350k for a 31 year old winger was mad to me

We always want to depend on something rather than take a risk as a club. Fear what happens if we donā€™t sell laca lol

2 Likes