Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I thought most people put that on his personal problems this season and Arteta tactics.

If Tuchel gets his hands on Auba he’ll be deadly effective

1 Like

I think it all depends on what his state is. Arteta should be able conclude if Auba is past it or not. And if you are selling him, you better find a great forward coming in.
Having said that, we should absolutely NOT sell to an English club. This shit is destined to backfire.

For what is worth both Chelsea and Man Utd have been sniffing around Auba the past years. Apparently Lampard wanted him badly too.

I wouldn’t be opposed to selling him for a significant sum as long as we reinvest it in another goal scorer.

We can’t really afford to risk another season of Auba on those wages getting barely any goals.

2 Likes

For me it’s because it looks like there’s something up with him and the coach. He seemed very keen to make him look like a twat over that NLD and something has seemed off all season.

I still rate him highly as a goalscorer and I don’t think he looks in any worse shape than he has before. We gave him that deal thinking we’d get 2 or 3 good years out of him. Year 1 was shit and if year 2 is shit under this coach too then what’s the point. If he’s not scoring then he’s an unremarkable player and if he’s not happy then I think it shows.

Swap him for Werner though and I imagine Chelsea instantly become contenders so I’m not sure I like the idea of that. I think he’s still a top signing for someone good.

3 Likes

Who would you realistically replace him with?
DCL? Watkins? Toney? Isak? Edouard? Vlahovic? Andre Silva?

Giroud

1 Like

I actually wouldn’t mind him to replace Laca as backup.

Depends entirely on the fee, which likely isn’t that high for a player in his 30s. If you can get 50+ then yes. If it’s some token fee like 20-30m, then no, because you have to replace. 40m maybe

1 Like

I’d do it for a fee of at least 25m, as long as the alternative plan doesn’t involve starting Laca for most of next season.

Auba was poor last year, doesn’t really fit the football we are trying to play, and he’s at an age where rapid decline often occurs. We played our best football when he wasn’t in the team. We also owe him at least 35m in wages over the next two years and he’s not the type who will take well to a reduced role so he could be a big source of trouble going forward if he doesn’t magically regain his form at 32.

I’d rather sell to another team but we have to worry about what’s good for Arsenal, rather than what might be good for Chelsea.

2 Likes

Yeah we need someone really shit and boring who has little interest in scoring goals, someone who loves to track wingers and hug the touchline and cross the ball to nobody in the box. That person will fit the football we play perfectly :+1::+1:

4 Likes

People really need to dig deeper into the offensive stats. It horrible reading.

The likes of Che Adams and Chris Wood had more shot on target this season than any Arsenal attacker. Are those guys better than Auba or do their coaches have know how to facilitate their best offensive talent in order to get the best out of them?

8 Likes

I really blame the midfield, yes Lacazette and Auba are pretty one dimensional and don’t offer what someone like RVP, or Aguero would to the overall play, but honestly our midfield is so god damn awful that outside Partey we don’t have a single player who wants to split open the defence.

We definitely improved a little in that regard when Odegaard came into the fold but as others have said he’s a little timid and doesn’t offer enough from midfield.

I’d keep Auba for one more year and try and improve the midfield and see how he gets on, two CM’s is a must. Bringing players like Willock and Guendouzi back doesn’t count towards it either.

2 Likes

Or we could look for a CF who actually looks to get involved in play and/or can get on the end of some of those crosses into the box.

Just because our offensive play was terrible doesn’t mean Auba’s isn’t declining or a poor fit for the rest of the team. All these things can be true at the same time.

Get some onus on the midfield scoring goals and get creative with fringe players and a bit of money and go too saints and take Ings. It’s a rebuild season and he won’t let us down.

1 Like

Stop this nonsense.

1 Like

If we actually swapped Auba for Giroud that would be the straw the broke the camels back for me, I’d no longer be getting up at all hours to watch Arsenal after 23 years of doing so.

Everyone has a limit of something that pushes them over and that would be mine.

Now I know realistically it won’t happen as not even Arsenal are that stupid, but I thought I’d declare my feelings on that shambolic hypothetical anyways.

5 Likes

Arteta learned from the best on this I guess.

3 Likes

Congratulations you’ve gone full Electrifying4TheTreble

9 Likes

With a dose of Electrifying from Italy.

7 Likes