Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

The final third is broken, hardly his fault.

He’s averaging a shot a game, that’s a system issue not an Auba issue.

1 Like

Whilst I agree about the tactics, maybe I’m wanting more from a captain

Fair enough but I don’t quite see what shouting and remonstrating with players is going to do in this situation tbh

1 Like

Tbf you could use the lead by example argument but not sure it’s a clincher.

1 Like

I’m not asking for that, more commanding and leading by example. I think I was spoilt watching Adams and Vieira :+1:

Definitely not a clincher by any means

Yeah, were’t we all and that’s definitely when it used to matter for us, we’re a long ways away from that standard unfortunately.

1 Like

Only 1 shot between the width of the goal post when inside the penalty area. Auba won’t score over 10 goals if that sort of shot map continues.

1 Like

Why commit him to a big contract then use him this way? It doesn’t make any sense. Especially more so given Ozil isn’t even in the squad which is a substantial chunk of wages not being used on the pitch.

This is just illogical. Play him where he produces. Especially given this is a squad that is lacking in goals when he’s not on fire.

1 Like

Plan A would be to put him wherever he’s most likely to score, and then have a plan for giving him opportunities and make him the star of this team that he should be. However if his role is to be a non-goalscoring winger then I think I would actually drop him for Willian if fit.

He starts every game and plays the full 90 no matter what happens. If he’s not scoring goals every week then I don’t think he’s good enough to have that treatment. He’s not a player that can not score and still be MOTM like Henry, van Persie or Alexis.

Right now I don’t think it’s fair that Willian, Pepe and Saka are in and out of the team while Auba’s place is unquestionable. His tactical role at this point seems to be ‘err well he might score somehow’.

7 Likes

If we were going to use him like this then we might as well have sold him and signed a donkey runner to play on the LW on 80k a week.

2 Likes

We already had Joe Willock :joy::joy:

1 Like

I can’t get my head around how sad this is, I’m not even annoyed Auba has 1 in 6 as droughts happen.

The concern is with only 5 shots in 5 games these scoring numbers actually look worryingly sustainable… mind boggling

2 Likes

I remember saying this in the summer and at the start of the season and got clowned on because we beat an awful Fulham side…

1 Like

The only good thing about his situation is that if he decides to move or the club decide to sell based in his form next summer, at least it won’t be for free.

We’ll get 20mil for him that we can spend on some Brazilian shitter Edu likes :blush:

3 Likes

There’s indeed a massive issue right now with opposition nullifying our left flank.
Tierney, Saka and Auba. Notice how our last couple of goals have come from the right.
Not sure what Mikel tried to do shifting Auba there. He ain’t the type of player to create stuff on his own.

Mikel might as well shake things up by playing Auba centrally. Still, that won’t solve all the issues. Bellerin and Pepe need to step up.
It would’ve been nice if we had someone else in the middle of the park who could create something too. I had one in mind but he ain’t eligible…

Pepe needs to play before he can step up to be fair.

7 Likes

Right? He will never improve if he doesn’t get a run of games.

4 Likes

To his credit, I think he has shown multiple times this season that he can deliver when trusted but he keeps getting benched for whatever reason. :man_shrugging:

1 Like