Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I can see why Arsenal fans annoy people. Not just on here, but on social media, the radio etc too. Some of us come across as ungrateful knobends. Who cares if he is only staying because a bigger club didn’t want him. We don’t even know for sure that that is true. But if it is, then oh well. He is worth his weight in gold to us. And thankfully that’s now a position we don’t have to worry about for a couple of years.

2 Likes

Well that’s assumptive to match your point.

Why would it not be with conviction when he had one year left on his contract, and he is arguably the best striker in the world (outside of Ronaldo/Messi)?

They probably would have got him if they went for it.

As Shammy says, they only tentatively approached (if at all)

I can see why every fan base annoys people. It’s because every single one of them acts in the way you describe.

2 Likes

My heart is full.

4 Likes

Like a new signing :wenger:

1 Like

Check out this Scouse prick on a Beeb comments section commenting on Auba’s signing. Not exactly a PR expert for LFC.

Scouser Since 1966

17:17 15 Sep

Scouser Since 1966 replied:

MICKEY MOUSE CLUB WITH A MICKEY MOUSE CLOWN FLOPTETA!!
He isn’t fit to manage the 2nd best team in the world after Liverpool ( Liverpool U23s)
#YNWA

No way to know as they didn’t. Who gives a shit?

The best player the club has had in several seasons is staying. That’s all that matters.

Be happy.

2 Likes

Wrighty is probably the best club embassidor out there. Man either makes me laugh with delight or tear up with joy.

7 Likes

I must watch that clip every couple of months and it still gets me every time. :wright:

1 Like

I know it’s the Auba thread but look at how Wrighty immediately takes his hat off in respect when he realizes who it is.

1 Like

I am happy.

I just don’t want to be naive and buy into this “legacy” crap. If he actually wanted to do that, he’d have signed a contract extension well before the summer

2 Likes

You are bit of miserable sod ain’t you lol.

Anyway loved the video and Wrighty is just loves Arsenal through and through. Just happy Auba signed and we got that one out of the way and we move on. He’s obviously bought into the Arteta plan and must be sold on what Arteta and the club has planned. Plus he loves the club and fan’s.

2 Likes

One of those days at work. Don’t know why I bother with it sometimes.

Back to Big Pierre, though, genuinely glad he’s re-signed. It’ll be interesting to see his all time scoring record for us once his contract expires.

1 Like

What ever we are paying him, he is worth it.
If he hadn’t signed it would have meant we would have had no elite players at the club which would have been unacceptable.

I just hope that when he signed, he was given assurances by the club that he would be given at least a couple of top quality players to help him achieve what he wants, which is presumably CL football.
If we don’t, we have not only let him down but the supporters as well.

3 Likes

Understanding what legacy could be probably made him rethink his options too, not saying this was the sole reason just a huge factor.

So we have :wright: to thank for making this happen?

Imagine thinking Henry was a more influential Gooner than Wrighty. :shushing_face:

1 Like

That’s genuine reverence and admiration for you. I am not a very emotional person myself but that video always gets me. His reaction is so pure, so powerful.

3 Likes

Lol Marco Reus looks so awkward in the club scenes in that video.