Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I find him and them the funny side of misery.

2 Likes

They don’t hate AFC they hate the fact AFC have a useless manager. I respect Auba is connecting with fans and wanting the best for the club

3 Likes

Do us all a favour and stick him in the sharpshooter innit. For a week

1 Like

I’m glad Auba responded the way he did.

The relationship between the club and the fans is broken. Auba and a few others that interact with the fans are what’s keeping any spark alive. This shouldn’t be put down by the club.

2 Likes

Sounds like someone has never seen Edu walk across a bridge.

3 Likes

Would he dare walk across it now?

download%20(9)

2 Likes

If things haven’t improved by January and we’ve nothing more than Freddie in charge and pushing the review in summer line, think we should sell.
If an offer comes in he’ll probably be distracted by it.
We really could be looking like going back to square one again.

1 Like

Do you think what is conflict of interest?

You can’t be the captain of the team and at the same time close friend with who blame your mates every week.

1 Like

I think the issue here is not the fact that Auba and Troopz are close. The issue is that Auba agrees with Troopz and a lot of us about Emery not being good enough, about Xhaka and other things. Now, him liking a post or a tweet only makes everyone know what he is thinking and the club obviously want to avoid that. But the problem is that he already thinks that way. Whether he lets the world know about it or not, our most important players already thinks the manager and some players are no good. The world knowing about it will not make a difference to how he feels. That is the problem.

2 Likes

This is the problem. They aren’t meant to be ‘mates’ or a ‘support group’ they’re meant to be professionals demanding the best performance from their fellow professionals. The fact our players believe they’re above criticism no matter how bad they perform is a disease within this club.

If you listen to Roy Keane talk about how he and Fergie and the other United players criticised and even abused each other if they didn’t perform to the highest standard you will relalise that top clubs have different standards and expectations of players.

Who’d wanna be friends with that guy, anyway? Auba keeps some strange bedfellows.

Blud is thicker than fam.

4 Likes

Yeah. That is because guys like Benzema, Aguero, Lewandowksi etc are better than him. When Juventus needed to make their pick they choose Higuain. Aubameyang is either really expensive (salary-wise) and/or not significantly better than his peers for him to get picked up. Hence he didn’t end up at the top five-ish of Europe.

The bigger clubs basically don’t need him. He is too expensive to be a bench warmer.

Better in terms of what? In terms of off the ball movement and athleticism he’s probably the best in the game. His link up play, close control and hold up play all let him him down but if you put him in a top creative team I could see him ripping up 40+ goals a season.

Better overall players. Those names I mentioned are exactly doing that…Benzema doesn’t need to sacrifice/set-up for Ronaldo and Bale and he is basically one-for-one. Nothing that Aubameyang has separates him from the others.

Benzema is nowhere near as prolific. Not with CR7 gone and not for France when he went what 13 games without a goal?

And you’re wrong at his peak Aubas pace and off the ball movement was better than all those players. They were better in other respects.

2 Likes

Aubameyang is clearly behind those guys in the hierarchy. That is why he is at Arsenal.

Ozil as well then.

I don’t think it’s just like that. There’s timing as well.
Btw, I do think he is overrated but he could definitely do a job at any of the Top 3-4 clubs in the world.

Yes. Ozil has been tested at top level and couldn’t establish himself.

Fair enough