Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Yeah can’t really argue with that - take 80+ for Auba, 25+ for Xhaka and we suddenly have a legit transfer budget of 150+ to spend.

Wait, where has this £80m come from?

All because he took Arsenal off his bio…?

The last time we sold our golden boot winner went great too.

6 Likes

The “Auba Out” movement is much more bigger than the expectations. I don’t know if Arsenal would be capable to attract a proper replacement.

We lost Ramsey, we are losing Özil. If we sell Pierre I would seriously take the decision to watch old Arsenal games at the same time of the next season games.

Good. We shouldn’t be going for established stars anyway atm. Go old school, take a chance on youngsters or underrated players. You need a proper coach that develops talent for that.
Again, Eddie for the job imo. Almost every lad in Bournemouth has flourished under him.

Wouldn’t call it a movement… I think if we get ridiculous money for anyone, we just all realize how many holes we have.

1 Like

Make it £100m and he can leave, (even though he is my favourite player in this team).
At £80m that’s only really going to buy you a quality (but not as good) Aubameyang replacement, and one quality addition.
Is that one addition really going to make up for a 30 goal striker who can also play on the wing when needed?
(This is on the basis that we’re going to buy a decent centre back anyway, if this transfer is the difference between buying a CB and not then fine go ahead.)

1 Like

Why do people think selling Aubameyang will somehow lead to us spending 150m.

Every top player we have sold we end up with worse.

We sell Cesc and Nasri-------we buy Arteta, Gervinho, Chamberlain and Park

We sell RVP-------we buy Giroud and Podolski

We sell Sanchez------we buy Mkhitayran

If we got 100m for him and bought three or four top quality players, in all the positions that we are desperate for quality in, like Winger, CB, LB Ramsey replacement and, of course Aubameyang replacement, then I would be ok with that.

But since when do we have transfer windows like that.

The scenario is more likely to be, sell Aubameyang for 50m, buy a winger, a RB a young striker from Ligue 2 and a GK and have a net spend of around 20m.

Arsenal selling their best players has never worked to our advantage.

3 Likes

You have to believe that something has changed or about to. Thats not easy on past dealings but id say cautiously with some of the targets getting mentioned there might be reason to think we have the look of change happening.
You will be looking at building a better balanced squad rather than the odd individual. Dont really see us selling him but can see the argument and would have to go along with it tbh.

This was actually a small improvement :joy:

Not based on what Sanchez was doing for us it wasn’t, which I assume is what @InvincibleDB10 meant.

2 Likes

It really wasn’t lol

You missed off Santi for RVP and Mertesacker for Cesc/Nasri

The Sanchez one doesn’t really count

Also I prefer to remember Anelka out, Henry, Suker, Lauren in

And Overmars/Petit out Pires/Wiltord/Edu in

Vieira out Fabrgeas/Hleb/Rosicky/Adebeyor/Walcott in

If we can’t buy good players in the transfer market we won’t achieve anything anyway. You need to re-build and if you get a huge offer, it’s worth taking it to do that.

1 Like

There is not much difference between 17/18 Sanchez and 17/18 Mkhitaryan

2 Likes

Not a great deal, although Sanchez was still on pace @shamrockgooner for 14 league goals when he left us :joy:.

1 Like

TBF Wenger was right about Ozil and Alexis, they had their hunger index at 100%

Fify

His bio is back to normal. Probably hacked or something.

1 Like

I would most likely blame whatever half-assed software his PR company uses.

Apparently Mustafi has removed Arsenal from his bio too – hopefully he hasn’t been hacked :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes