Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

The guys a fucking nerd and I love it cos I am too

10 Likes

This always seems like a cope out to me.
All the striker of his ilk would have been in exact same position as him, for that miss.

For every great run, there are plenty of routine runs and chances that he has fucked.

Yet heā€™s still likely to hit 30 goals for the season, for a 5th consecutive campaign in his career also that is.

3 Likes

Are you against Aubameyang scoring 40 goals?

1 Like

How many goals is he on this season? (All comps)

22 so far in 39 matches.

1 Like

Heā€™s a durable player also, barely missed matches through injury in the last 5 or 6 years of his career.

2 Likes

Ahah! Fuck off Klaim.

You just have to jinx it right? Arenā€™t you aware of our luck?

Maybe thatā€™s just not realistic? Not even Aguero, who I consider is the best ā€˜pureā€™ striker at the moment, hasnā€™t touch 40 goals overall in a season.

1 Like

His goal tally is really good, but watching him play every game and seeing the amount of ā€œeasyā€ chances he has fluffed, he could have been easily reaching for 40.

Having said that, recent form, all is forgiven again :auba:

2 Likes

One thing Iā€™ve noticed with the Aubameyang criticism from his own fans is, elite off the ball movement in order to put yourself in a position to get so many chances is an underrated talent.

8 Likes

Pretty sure heā€™s always been culpable for missing sitters. Remember this being a thing when he was at BVB.

Itā€™s nice having that outlet on the break either way. Add another pacey winger, like Pepe for example, and we can change our dynamic even more.

3 Likes

Why isnā€™t it realistic to expect that from a world class player?
Infact I would say even Aguero disappoints in that regards.

A world class striker should easily cross 30 goals if he plays vast majority of games for the best team in the league.

Auba for his credit managed as many goals for a much weaker squad. Sometimes I believe fans are reluctant to criticize these world class strikers.

Itā€™s okay to criticize performing players for not performing at a certain level achievable to them.
Just like it was okay to criticize Ozil since day 1 of his Arsenal journey.

Yeah but I think the point people are making is that they think that other people are criticising Auba for something that is not achievable for him.

For Aubameyang to be top scorer in the PL is quite an achievement considering our midfield, without Ozil playing regularly, is one of the worst we have seen at the club.

Without him and Lacazette, we would be nowhere near the top four places, so itā€™s just as well we have them.

2 Likes

He isnā€™t though

1 Like

Dangā€¦

Scroll up about 100 postings, and to read the negative comments on himā€¦

I thought we were talking about 2 different players in the same thread.

Missing the penalty that could have won the game against your teamā€™s biggest rivals is not gonna get very positive responses.

3 Likes

He has been for most of the season and could well be at the end of it.
If he played for Man City I would argue that he would have scored more than Aguero.

Compare their midfield of Sterling, Sane, Silva, Bernado, and the occasional game from Mahrez and De Bruyne, to our midfield of Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi, Guendouzi and the occasional game from Ozil and Mkhitayran.
I think Aubameyang would be scoring a lot more with that lot supplying him.

1 Like