Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Lacazette to come and steal it from nowhere @Calum?

What does Lacazette have to do with it?

1 Like

He might have a second half of the season purple patch and enter the fray for the Golden boot conversation.

Lol no he wonā€™t heā€™s gonna have a Giroud-esque 12 league goals. But that link up play tho!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Auba would be the run away leader at the top of that list and we would have 3 or 4 more points than we do right now had he not missed some of those gilt-edged chances. But canā€™t complain with his return. I just hope this continues all season, without the sitters being missed of course.

Feels great having a top striker again. To think Auba could have had like 5-6 more goals.

5 Likes

Itā€™s even better when you realise he probably isnā€™t even firing all cylinders yet. I think Auba is a 25-30 goal a season striker and itā€™s a damn shame itā€™s taken us 5 or 6 years to have someone like that in our team again.

8 Likes

Itā€™s annoying that for all the pontificating Arsenal fans have done over the years about how different and special we are, and the most important thing is a striker to link up play and not just a goalscorer, and how weā€™re too special to play with a defensive midfielder and we could only play with Xabi Alonso, that a quick striker who is mostly goalscorer and a defensive midfielder who does everything youā€™d want one to do is working out perfectly fine.

I wonder how we would have done of weā€™d spent a bit of money and put these two types of players into our side around 2013.

9 Likes

He could have! Scored difficult ones.

He could have! Scored difficult ones. Missed some sitters!

I still have some Arsenal fans telling me Lacazette is better than Aubameyang :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

We just couldnā€™t get him involved at all

https://twitter.com/ReviewFootball/status/1079096509696741377

they showed here he had one touch in actual play 13mins in, the rest were kick-offs after Liverpool goals, a lost header duel and a failed tackle :persevere:

Yikesā€¦ wonder if more minutes for Ozil and Laca could have helped thatā€¦

3 Likes

If my man Mesut was playing heā€™d have had at least 14 touches

4 Likes

Ozil didnt help much in last seasons annual hiding in the 4 0.

2 Likes

We were stuck on 16 goal a season strikers for half a decade itā€™s no wonder we didnā€™t come close to winning the PL.

5 Likes

And now weā€™ve finally got a proper one heā€™s wasted on us

1 Like