Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Yeah, he’s obviously a good goalscorer but at times at BVB he had me scratching my head at some of the piss easy chances he’d squander.

2 Likes

Mr. Nonchalant.

Key is he was in the right position. I can live with a missed chance like that from Auba because his goal return is great and he got in the right place.

2 Likes

Word.

Used to infuriate me the amount of times the likes of Giroud would lurk around the 18 yard line in those situations.

1 Like

I was loling at the match thread. Auba made the runs and got into position for those chances. Sure he missed a couple, but with anyone else up top those chances don’t happen.

On the goal he scored, he made a perfectly arcing run and got into such a perfect pocket of space that the pass was so simple for Kola to make. That’s what a top striker does.

5 Likes

I had to bite my tongue reading the halftime thread, thought I’d just wait until the likely Aubameyang goal came in the second half.

3 Likes

That was top notch

1 Like

Well, the goal won’t affect my criticism of him today. His awareness today was completely off at times. He even made an iconic moment when he started sprinting like mad man with the ball behind him. Thought I was watching FIFA fails.
Good for him to score but he needs to me more concentrated imo. He could be lethal if he does.

1 Like

Regardless of his performance. Joint top scorer as it stands. Not bad at all.

4 Likes

Exactly,

I’m of the opinion that this team is not set up for him to perform at his optimal level, he’s a pure goal scorer and you won’t get a great deal out him other than that. However, our team is a shambles in terms of creativity and additionally he’s being played out of position.

He’s got a stellar goal return considering the circumstances tbh.

5 Likes

Yep, but he could do better. He looks to have lost pace.

1 Like

We all lose pace when exposed to eating English cuisine…

Guy needs to deliver in this 2nd half.

Not bad.

1 Like

This fucking guy. What a finish. Now he needs to get the hattrick

2 Likes

Big finish in a big game, massive!

2 Likes

He needed this goal in a big game.

He hasn’t been firing in them until now hopefully.

2 Likes

Remember when some suggested earlier in the season that he should be benched? :laughing: Isn’t he top scorer in the League now?

5 Likes

“some”

@sevchenko

Nothing wrong with suggesting a striker who was clearly blowing cold should benched/ moved from the CF spot for someone who was in better form. That’s what we did it worked as Laca went on a good spell in the CF spot.

A rotation based on form/competition was always my ideal where did I ever suggest he should be bench for the entire season. Unlike some posters I don’t treat things as definitive

3 Likes