Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Lets hope that’s his season kick started and he gets a few goals vs Everton now

Hopefully these 2 goals can help his confidence.

Another goal today. Good to see. Hope this is the start of a run for Auba.

That’s the striker we needed. Have to apologize to him.

That is while playing as a winger in quite a few games.
Both Laca & Auba should be up top…I am sold.
Rest of the team have to adapt.

He won’t forgive you, you were very harsh.

7 Likes

Credit to Unai playing him on Thursday to help find some confidence in front of goal. It paid off today, even if some help from the linesman :wink:

Was a good finish, but one you would expect… and as you said, it was offside and should never have counted… how the linesman missed that is beyond me.

I thought he was pretty poor today honestly… best thing he did was chasing Theo back a couple of times and snuff out threats. He also showed his pace on a couple of occasions but wow honestly, how did we not get over the top or behind the lines more often against that team? To be fair, our passing was shambolic today, so it isn’t all his fault.

Anyway, need a lot more from Auba.

1 Like

I am gonna buy an ice-cream.

The reality is I don’t think playing him out wide suits him, he should be playing up top in a two if Laca is to play.

As things are now it probably helps Lacazette but Auba is a striker and playing him out there impacts his effectiveness, the dearth of genuine wide players is what is limiting him further when he plays up top on his own IMO.

Until we address that problem area they may play together but overall it may be to his detriment.

1 Like

Needs to be benched in the league for now and used as a supersub/impact player.

As much as people like to blame his poor general play on playing wide, there’s a notable contrast to the shift Laca put in wide and laca’s efforts as of recent.

Feel for Auba, one of the top strikers in the world being played out of position and now probably has a loss of confidence on top of that as a result.

1 Like

Didn’t he produce numbers on the wing under Klopp at some point?

Funny how you didn’t feel like this for Lacazette and just slated him :thinking:

When was Lacazette not playing CF last season ?

1 Like

When he was getting subbed off every game after 65 minutes.

3 Likes

So when on the pitch he was still playing in his preferred position which was exactly what I thought, which is a completely different scenario to PEA.

1 Like

But no less relevant in terms of cutting some slack.

disagree, I’d much prefer 65 mins in my actual position over zero in my actual position as a player.