Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I don’t understand your quest for competition in the squad. A lot of succesful teams have had seven, eight or nine nailed on starters. Quality is a problem, not competition in the squad.

4 Likes

FUCK ME! WHAT A SAVE! Our new goalie, with Welbz as LB :unai:

We had alot of success under Wenger with almost zero competition in the squad, Best example of this is obviously Hector’s development as undisputed RB for years.

This is a top level football club, a healthy competition should be promoted at all time and at all positions. It helps motivate players and prevent complacency in starters.

No one is unbenchable in this squad.

1 Like

Wenger lost his touch as a manager and a talent developer. The fact that there was zero competition in the squad has nothing to do with his downfall.

If Emery creates internal competition in the squad this squad doesn’t suddenly change into a title contender. Because there is a serious lack of quality and that is the main problem. Pretty much everything else, like this, is a side issue.

1 Like

The lack of competition and general rotation in the squad is just one part of Wenger’s failing as a manager. It totally contributed to his failure to get results over the course of the season. To say it has nothing to do with the poor results in the end is nonsense, too many examples to cite

Where have I said rotation leads to a title challenge? Where have I said quality players aren’t needed?

Proper rotation and promotion of competition is not a side issue but I haven’t stated it’s the answer to all our problems rather it’ll help the 11 be better.

Proper rotation leads to an internal environment where players know they have to focus and bring their best to remain/get a chance in the 11.

A big part of the change I wanted to see post Wenger was in part the area of competetion which would change the comfortable dressing room culture he established. There’s plenty a evidence to show the lack of competition in conjection with other factors affect players

Guys, I think we can have both.
Competition and quality first team. I think

1 Like

May: "omg can’t wait till next season. Auba’s gonna bag 30 goals!!!’’

August: "3 games without a goal!? Drop him!’’

:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

No striker scores in every game. He’s still for me the best striker in the PL after Agüero

Classic straw man.

Lacazette hasn’t scored either yet I’d start him at CF against Cardiff. He’s simply shown better in terms of general peformance and deserves a start to build on that

I know Gooners don’t like to admit it but based on performance and consistency in the last 3-4 years it’s hard to argue against Kane being the best striker in the EPL.

Nah… Agüero has been the best striker for years and he’s actually won stuff not putting the pressure on ones like Kane

I’m not talking about team success, team success has actually very little to do with who’s the better individual. I never said Tottenham was a better team than Manchester City. Aguero is a champion though I agree, they are probably line ball, Kane has just had a bit better durability.

While Benteke is still playing Premier League football, i’m never gonna give Kane the best striker in the league title. He’s got nothing on Christian :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you ask everyone who is the best PL striker nearly everyone would say Agüero

1 Like

Kane has scored 21, 25, 29 & 30 league goals in the last 4 seasons, so his record stacks up against anyone it’s just fact.

1 Like

It’s close. Kane is probably better on most objective metrics, but I prefer Aguero for the versatility of his game and the goals he scores which are more aesthetically pleasing to me.

1 Like

I think Aguero’s game is more complete than Kane’s. Kane is just a good poacher.

I think you’re right. But I’ve no idea why you give a shit.

1 Like

Yeah I agree that Kun has more strings to his bow and Kane is an elite poacher. Kane reminds me of a peak RVN type.

1 Like

Much better than RvN though.

Almost Inzaghi level. Although probably different.