Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Apply the same flawed logic to the 11 and we’d have the same 11 but for injuries which sounds like typical Wenger.

Competition is good for the squad.

Emery has explained why they shouldn’t start together as it ceded too much midfield control. That’s makes sense in practical terms too

Personally I would like us to use a front three of Auba on the left, Laca down the middle and Miki on the right hand side, I reckon if we could get these three settled and used to playing together, they would cause a lot of problems for any opposition…

1 Like

I agree that competition is good but for the striker position only the rich clubs can afford to have top quality attacking players sitting on the bench.

Our defence lacks any sort of depth in quality, and it’s one of the reason players like Bellerin and Mustafa keep getting picked despite their poor form, but defensive players tend not to be as expensive so depth in quality isn’t such an issue and should be easier to sort out.

But we aren’t a big spending club and realistically players like Welbeck, AMN, Nketiah and Iwobi are the sort of level attacking players that we can afford to have sitting on the bench, not really a player who cost 50m and is probably earning more than 100k a week.

It would be great for us to have a player of Lacazette’s ability and experience as cover, but he isn’t going to accept Europa League and domestic cup competitions when he is trying to get in the France first team.

1 Like

Lol what? That’s basically our strongest team

You removed Mkhitaryan for a defender

Don’t think we would miss him with Auba and Laca upfront, Özil in behind and Kolasinic when he’s fit and Bellerin can be the wingers of the team at Wing back.

Our two best attackers are strikers we need a formation that plays them both

1 Like

After Monreals performance on Saturday there is no way that Kola replaces him at the moment, he is looking very good so far…

1 Like

It’s three games at the very start of season. Striker of all positions can be hot and cold and it’s not like he has been bad, just on a run of misses that are not typical for him.

He should not be un droppable but I’d stick with him one or two more games at least. Frankly, I get the balance issues in theory but I’d drop Micki and put Auba and Laca on right now. Micki offers zero protection anyway.

2 Likes

Swap him and Laca. Look at how Laca is motivated coming off the bench.

Took the words out of my mouth really, and it’s always been my point. We don’t have the luxury of picking a team that can expense an Aguero for Jesus, then a Sterling for Sane, David Silva for Bernardo Silva etc. It feels stupid imo.

We’re yet to see Liverpool decide that competition it healthy and thus drop Mane or Salah in return for Shaqiri.

Where we have players that I feel could benefit from competition, I am more than for it towards the likes of Mkhi, Iwobi, Bellerin and even Ozil now days.

2 Likes

He’s getting in the right positions.

The goals will come there’s no doubt about that.

Talk of dropping him is just bizarre.

7 Likes

As is this talk of us being a small club unable to afford quality on the bench. People will say anything to prove their point…

It’s only bizarre if you consider Auba an undroppable player. Benching him or moving him to the wing against opposition like Cardiff is perfectly reasonable especially when you have a good striker on the bench whose shown better than Auba in the matches so far who isn’t getting starts.

In terms of general play he’s not been bad at all but he’s in the side to score and when he’s not doing that questions have to be asked and other options considered. I don’t understand what’s mad about this line of thought

No doubt he’ll score goals eventually but if he isn’t hot atm stand aside and let someone who does have a chance to benifit the 11.

but replace him with who…welbeck lol, sur ehe scored a goal laid on a plate for him but welbeck stats dont lie in general he is a fucking donkey and i cant see replacing auba with welbeck as viable.

No, it’s bizarre because we’re three games into the season, it’s not like he’s on a barren run of 10 plus games without scoring and stinking up the joint.

1 Like

@Maverick79 - The consensus seems to be to move Auba to wing because he’d be no worse defensively than Mikhi which seems fair enough and that idea has clear merits based on Mikhi’s defensive performances so far. I suspect if you start Lich we get better on that end of things

I would argue Mikhi maybe has better ball retention and passing ability which would help in the midfield battle whereas Auba is very one dimensional on the wing who can’t really help with any midfield control. That’s debatable though

@Darkseid - It feels like people view dropping Auba as some permanent resignation to the bench for the foreseeable future. It’s not, he’s started 3 times didn’t really impress and now our other striker of good quality should get a look imo

What’s the number of games you have to wait before dropping a player? Laca looks hungry and determined to prove his worth and he’s shown well in the opportunities he’s gotten, we use should use that to benefit the 11

Under a competent manager, the side should be effectively rotated based on fixture congestion, form and opposition. The match against Cardiff is exactly that, it’s very low risk opportunity to mix things up in the 11. Laca should start at CF, Auba moved to the wing or benched.

I think it’s worth rejigging the front set up and putting him at LW with Laca in the CF role. Their link up together should work vice versa between them and serve for some potency up front too.

Stand by Auba the goals will come, once he scores one he will revert back to the norm.

1 Like

Brutal from Unai Emery. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Get Auba in goal haha