Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I actually argued for option B. It made more sense to me as we could literally phase Giroud out of the club quite easily if a credible youth CF talent needed mins.

Looks like all he wanted was game ahead of the WC, now he’s got his medal he’s doing the same role for Arsenal at Chelsea without complaint.

No me neither but you make a good point.

Personally I’m ok with option A as we are giving Iwobi the game time at wing just as we would have given the game time to a CF as Sev said above.

No Aubameyang without selling Giroud (and Walcott).

I pick the option that doesn’t include Giroud, who is a shit footballer.
It’s incredible that he has the amount of fanboys he has, that refuse to accept how much of a useless donkey he was.

1 Like

We could have easily made up the 18 million somewhere else or frankly we have that to spend regardless.

I don’t think it’s a money issue. Rather than the availability of Aubameyang in the summer before we signed him since I think he wasn’t available (waiting for Real Madrid to snatch him up). In January we would have had Lacazette, Aubameyang and Giroud. So that’s why no Aubameyang without selling Giroud.

Yeah it might have been a timing issue to be fair… we went for Laca before we knew we could get Auba - that’s a good point. From a omniscient looking back perspective, it is an interesting FM thought experiment

:giroud2:

He’d probably have about 1 more goal for us. He was poor and wasn’t getting any better as the games went on.

2 Likes

Because he played with an injury for months :+1:

Time to bench him for a while, as he has been fucking crap so far. Laca deserves to start.

Think Auba has been unlucky.

We really should just play 3-5-2

Cech

Mustafi Papa Holding

Bellerin Guendouzi/Xhaka Torreria Özil Monreal

Aubameyang Lacazette

:fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

He doesn’t look confident though. Laca looks very eager, instead.

True. I’m not sure what’s the best way to get a striker back in form.

Play him through it or bench so him so he works harder?

Personally I feel any player can and should be benched

1 Like

Keep playing him. Theres a break coming up and he had a long time off. This game really is his best chance of breaking his duck.
If im a Cardiff defender im getting a lift if the quickest striker is on the bench. Just have to be patient.

2 Likes

Utter madness in this thread…Would anybody have wanted Thierry dropped if he hadn’t scored for three games…jeez.

6 Likes

No no no
Don’t increase the amount of shit footballers in the lineup.

Auba isn’t even close to peak Henry so it’s not a valid comparison.

I just don’t see anybody as unbenchable in this squad. We need to promote actual competition and if Laca looks in better form where auba looks cold, he should be given a start at CF.

It is a very valid comparison because Henry was our best forward, and now Auba is our best forward…simple as that.

However, I do think that Auba and Laca should both start…

1 Like

Im not getting the overall clamour by some on here for the switching of the two. Hes done okay coming off the bench but not having scored im not sure why hes being seen as this massive improvement.
Have to give Auba a few more games yet. Our main hope of a good season rests on him.
Hes proven class and quality and hes central to everything we can achieve.

2 Likes

We have Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil and Mkhitayran as our main attacking players, and towards the end of last season, and at the start of this, Lacazette seems to be the in form player so he should be starting.

I would like to see a system where all these players can play in the same team.
Why can’t Aubameyang and Lacazette play together?

If only we had the problem with our CB’s as we do with our strikers.