Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Exactly, Auba like every striker needs confidence to thrive, it just so happens this Arsenal side hasn’t had an ounce of confidence for as long as I can remember. Whether or not Emery brings that back to the team remains to be seen.

:joy: at that Twitter dude. Auba is a lethal finsiher, look at the two offside goals he scored against City and Chelsea, with such ease(probably becaus ethe flag went up too) but they were excellently taken. He just needs to be more ruthless when it comes to derbies in general. Can’t be smiling after missing two massive chances against Chelsea. Hope it comes soon.

But it’s good to laugh at one’s own mistakes. Therapeutic, y’know.

I hope you’re right GC maniac, but I do recall us saying the EXACT same thing about Lacazette after 2 games last season. It was an offside finish against Stoke (a game we lost) that we were all clutching at straws and waxing lyrical about.

As it turned out, Laca ended up being a bit “meh”. I hope the same doesn’t happen for Auba

2 Likes

Can’t believe how casual he was for the two chances. Pretty shocking from him tbh considering his ruthlessness last season.

1 Like

If it was up to me I would figure a way to fit both Laca and Auba in the team but so far both Wenger and Unai seem scared to start the two together. Hope today’s performance convinced Unai that they can pull it off.
Genuine question, if we fail to integrate both in the team by January or next summer would you sell one to get funds to strengthen somewhere else?

Why are they ‘scared?’

Its a tactic and formation both have used before either had both as players…?

You tell me. Unai used it in friendlies too. Maybe his words got out of context in the press but he prefers stability in midfield apparently. As far as I’m concerned, Mkhi does no good job anyway helping out so might as well put Auba in his place.

1 Like

Why would I tell you? You said they both are scared not me! Emery as you are aware has answered why and Wenger did it for several years. Both have also in friendlies and when behind switched to use them both as well.

So… Why scared?

I said you tell me in the sense that I have no clue why. :joy:
Btw, I said start. Doesn’t sit right with me that we have £50 mil. striker on the bench. Especially when 2 of them seem to play better together.
I just wish Emery pulls the trigger against Cardiff.

Ok np.

When we have some midfielders who are good enough to control and allow two up front maybe but thats miles away.

And Im sure benching Aguero at City dont sit right with their fans but thats todays game at top level.

Well, City have been shifting money left, right and centre. They don’t care who plays or doesn’t. Money is no prob for them.
Money is a problem at Arsenal though. Not that we ain’t rich but we won’t be moving money in the way Utd and City have been doing. For example, we used the money from Ox, Giroud and Walcott to cover for Auba. We have a couple of marquee players, might as well use them.

Ok so we need to play Laca and Pierre as we are not as rich as City…

Got you.

Well it’s kind of wasteful dumping one of your most expensive player on the bench.

1 Like

Think what I said is pretty simple. Either play them together or sell one to strengthen elsewhere.

1 Like

Dumped???

It been three games and he been used plenty and too good effect

Also he may have cost a little less but Pierre is a world class striker with a stronger record than Laca and better form last season so at the moment he gets the nod at CF and rightly so.

Dumped ….LOL

Nope.

Keep both rotate/rest, use together whatever.

We are Arsenal and we have been big enough as a club for a number of years to be able to afford to have class on the bench and in the squad ready to step in. Many supporters have made a point its something we needed to get and now we have.

So hell no selling Laca. We play with one up front but we need cover, rotation and tactical options whether playing them together or one over the other or to replace the other when defences open up.

1 Like

I think even cameos of 20 or 30 minutes is a real waste of his potential. These two should be given every second on the pitch. They are both proven goalscorers.

Lacazette look like Ozil in my opinion. He lacks motivation if he doesn’t get his game time I’m worried he will underperform and eventually leave.

1 Like

but then what do you do for rotation when they are both tired? Play welbeck with his 5 goals a season tally and expect to win tight games?

1 Like

You have a point but look at Leicester’s team winning season. How often did they rotate their starting eleven? They hardly touch the team. Considering everyone’s saying Emery is strengthening and conditioning our players they shouldn’t be that weak. What’s the excuse of modern day footballers?

1 Like