Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Exactly, it’s a complete disgrace

1 Like

Most of the good attacking games that we played in the 2nd half of the season did have Lacazette at CF: Southampton and Leicester away, the Wolves first half, North London derby and Chelsea at home spring to mind.

1 Like

I for one, never turned on Aubameyang, Arsenal Reddit and Twitter can suck it.

8 Likes

I saw a lot of pretty eye rolling stuff about his cars and his hair and why is he getting a tattoo and not focusing on playing better. I mean they’re not robots. They all lived through a pandemic too.

I know that’s a bit rich coming from me who takes every opportunity to bash Xhaka for being a dummy but one of the best part of being a supporter is basking in hypocrisy.

7 Likes

Top goons that hated on him to defend this organisation <<<<<<<<

3 Likes

Didn’t know you joined us. Welcome aboard.

I’ve had a mare

4 Likes

Hahah :grin:

1 Like

I think Auba is a victim of Arteta tactics but let’s not act like he’s blameless.

Attitude, effort and commitment were lacking last season.

6 Likes

This season will decide if Auba has just suffered a sharp decline as he is 32 years of age now.

Or if last season was just a down season.

Will it be 20-22 league goal Auba ? Or 10-12 league goal Auba ?

If it’s 10 to 12 goal Auba it’s not because he’s declined its because arteta is fucking trash.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say man, sometimes players just decline rapidly once they hit 31 or 32.

4 Likes

It was a definite mixture of both, blame has to be shared. The early part of the season it was mostly Arteta but I think Aubameyang should have come good a bit more later on, even despite the malaria diagnosis which of course hindered him for part of it.

I think Auba was by far our best player when it came to crunch time against Villarreal though. He was basically the only one who came close in either match to winning it for us despite feeding off of scraps. He was a shade unlucky not to have been the difference in that tie.

Injury, medical issue with his parents, malaria and Arteta’s poor team setups will do that to a player.

I expect to see the Auba that won the golden boot (spare the shared stuff) under Unai to re-emerge.

2 Likes

Comparison with Lacazette aside, I don’t think Auba will work that well as a CF.
He will score no doubt but the system will have to be drastically changed during preseason to make it work.

The maria effect could be the biggest issue of all.
Losing form at 31/32 is room for concerns. Seen it with Vardy after January last season as well.
You don’t write him off but there definitely question marks this season on him.

1 Like
6 Likes

We really need to stop this shit, play him centrally or don’t play him. We shouldn’t have a 32 year old Auba running up and down the touchline, it’s just killing him. I really want to see just one of him and Laca play at this point unless we’re chasing a goal, it’s beyond the point of being a joke now the way this guy’s late career is being sabotaged by this manager.

5 Likes

It almost feels like a lifetime ago now that the experiment of Auba on the left had some success but it was quickly exposed as an unsustainable long term ask.

It doesn’t help that the man often playing centrally is Lacazette, who offers us absolutely nothing. If Auba was on the left with Benzema up top you’d imagine we’d find a way to create space for Auba to run into but Laca is static, slow, ponderous and just all round awful. So it doubles up the shitness of this seemingly never ending experiment.

6 Likes

We signed him to a new deal without even having a plan for how we were going to use him, that’s the most criminal aspect of it all. The rumour is that the position he was going to be playing moving forward wasn’t even discussed last summer before be signed, which is a very bad sign because it shows that neither the club nor the player’s camp were that interested in figuring this out beyond it being a PR move for him to stay. There wasn’t a plan for this player at all, it’s just amateur.

5 Likes