Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

One for you @Ashgooner1.

I just canā€™t give any energy to the captaincy debate. No one individual leader changes anything for us and itā€™s so far down the list of problems.

3 Likes

Auba has one less goal contribution than Laca for the entire season (yes heā€™s played more minutes) and heā€™s been played out of position and heā€™s out of formā€¦AND ONLY HAS ONE LESS GOAL CONTRIBUTION THAN LACA, lmaoo we know which of these two is the waster :joy::+1:

5 Likes

Whatā€™s this got to do with being the captain of The Arsenal ?
Adams didnā€™t have ā€˜goalā€™ assist and this modern day bollocks
Adams knew what the club meant, not a golden Lamborghini but THE club
Big big difference.

2 Likes

The thing is can you think of one current captain, of any club, who matches up to Tony Adams? We didnā€™t have someone like him before and we likely never will again.

Uniteds captain is a fridge, pools is more or less a haircut and some safe midfield play and Iā€™m not even sure who holds it at Chelsea. All teams which had generational captains that we will probably never see the likes of again.

2 Likes

Azpilicueta

1 Like

Mr Brexit himself, Mark Noble

Not even close.

Auba won us an FA Cup, more than most recent captains have done. Definitely a discussion not worth having though. Means very little in the modern era.

5 Likes

BFG too back in 2017. What a performance!

:bergkamp2:

Iā€™m beginning to wonder whether Auba getting sold and Laca extended is a legit possibility this summer.

Iā€™m not predicting it and Iā€™m not arguing for it but I think there is a small but real chance it happens.

Sounds a great strategy for finishing 9th

10 Likes

Who would get Auba off us though?
Heā€™ll ask for massive wages and I reckon we would ask for a solid fee as well.

1 Like

Dortmund maybe if Haaland went.

Thatā€™s not crazy but theyā€™re likely finishing in EL places right and already have Marco Rose lined up to come in as coach. A reduced budget and a guy from the RB system (I know he coached at Gladbach this year) doesnā€™t really sound like fertile ground to make a deal.

Iā€™d be absolutely furious if we miss this opportunity sell Lacazette though. We should have done it two fucking years ago after Baku.

2 Likes

Maybe. I donā€™t think theyā€™re willing to pay him such a contract. Plus, he left them on a bad note. I think theyā€™ll be looking at someone fresh.
I think the best candidate could be Chelsea or Man Utd.
I believe they have looked at Auba before and theyā€™ll be both more than capable to pay a fee and satisfy his wage demands.

Weā€™ll see.

That high?

2 Likes

Gotta factor in all the trash in this league, I didnā€™t say weā€™d be looking good while doing it :rofl:

1 Like