Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I don’t mind dry spells. I don’t even mind his limited overall game other than his great finishing and positioning.
I do however mind his attitude and work rate when shit doesn’t go his way.
He looks like a sad fuck that just wants the whistle to blow and go home. That shit is transmitted to the team, especially if you’re captain.

1 Like

I’m guessing he wasn’t first in front of the camera after this week’s game then.
Might get a tweet if where lucky. Not overly bothered but he’s the captain.

1 Like

Christ I miss those days, shame we wasted so many of them with garbage strikers. We could never just complete the puzzle with this club, always had to be one or two missing pieces that cost us every season.

1 Like

But people love when Ronaldo or Suarez get shitty with their teammates or walk around looking like they just had a jetfuel enema after missing a chance. What’s different about Aubameyang?

1 Like

Pedigree compared to them two.

It goes for any striker, those were just two that came to mind for having particularly irritating faces. Vardy is like that, Rooney was like that too.

If you notice, he’s captain material when we win and basically nowhere to be seen when we lose.

3 Likes

None of them 4 give up or look like they give up on games like Auba looks like he does.
Now body language can be over stated but he does drift out of games for one reason or another.
As captain and with a few youngsters in the team it is a bit of a poor look as captain, senior and main player.

1 Like

I wonder what was discussed during contract negotiations. He definitely looks very…uninterested with how things are going.

Not excusing him because we need him to lead by example but looks a bit of ‘I didn’t sign up for this’ to it.

2 Likes

And it was dragged out. Does make you consider how disappointed he might have been due to nobody coming in for him.
Could of had something lined up that fell through due to covid or something.

4 Likes

I’m sure we sold him on running it back with basically the same team plus Willian and a new creative midfielder.

What Arteta didn’t tell him is that he had absolutely no clue how to organize this team in attack. We got lucky that poor form forced his hand to bring ESR in. We still look very scripted in attack and any players who have a bit of jazz about them like Pepe or Martinelli are persona non grata.

2 Likes

He definitely could of ran down the contract too, sure the financial bump helped but you wonder what assurances was made that swayed him.

1 Like

Agent maybe on age plus the precarious situation football and covid was in and failing financials in some of the really big clubs of Europe.

4 Likes

Auba didn’t go from golden boot to past it in the course of like 3 months lol, Arteta can’t manage himself out of a paper sack and his biggest issue is the attacking side. Auba is reliant on creative players behind him if we can’t provide him service he’s never gonna be an effective player. Not surprisingly guys like Saka and ESR have been our most effective players because the style of game they play.

3 Likes

Nope, and guess who(once again) did that instead? :eyes:

3 Likes

Its only ever Tierney that does this lol can no one else be arsed?

What is it with arsenal players and fans relying on the Scottish person to do every post match interview and match thread? :eyes:

5 Likes

Tierney is like one of the only players at the club, who seems to have some sort of professional pride. Always gives 100% never shies away from responsibility and is willing to work himself into the ground for the team. In addition to his skill level being up there with the best of them his attitude is also world class.

4 Likes

I love hearing Tierney speak, poor game or good game you can tell it really means something to him.

2 Likes

Auba only does it when he has the match game ball after a hat trick for the sick publicity coverage

2 Likes

It wasn’t insane to think we were on to something. I thought we were on to something. I didn’t think our Emo Wiener formation was what Arteta actually liked. I was wrong obviously.

I thought we’d do a better job selling in the summer and we didn’t. COVID obviously ruined the market a little.

I wonder if the club regrets spending so much on Partey given his injuries and age. It would have made more sense to go younger and more creative.

1 Like