Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

How old. Be warned im ready to pounce if it doesn’t have a League title medal in it.:wink:

I miss Cesc, RVP, Nasri, Song team. No League Title, but it felt like Arsenal and the closest to the Invincible team.

I miss Ramsey. Cazorla. Hell, even Giroud who I at the time was highly critical of.

Obviously I miss the Invincibles as well.

2 Likes

No title challenges in any of them sides. Some decent individuals but all them teams have pissed me off at sometime.
Better than this team yeah but never good enough.

2 Likes

What do you mean? We have a great leader! Didn’t you hear? Xhaka’s parents trusted him with a house key.

@Stroller I know we can’t actually eliminate the role, I meant to say that once a guy like Gallas is captain the role is meaningless.

1 Like

That 10/11 team was chasing, kind of. Six points off the top spot after 32 games…only too collapse and finish twelve off. That is why summer 2011 was always the breaking point for me. We had something which needed to be build upon. It all went to proper dog shit when Fabregas and Nasri left.

3 Likes

I don’t miss them they still done fuck all. The bottling in the Fabregas Nasri van Persie seasons was horrific

2 Likes

Well I do miss them. :man_shrugging:t2:

At least it was more pleasant to watch and we had some skillfull guys.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s the outlook that got us here. Not demanding more. Mediocrity leads to crap if not addressed.

1 Like

Getting close to OG’s scoring drought record…
Something like, 16 games??
Not a good sign at all.

Xhaka was one as well.

2 Likes

I advocated against Wenger during his last 7/8 years at the club. But the players back then I felt stronger about than the current team.

Maybe it’s rose tinted because of the past. But it was more pleasant to watch than this that is for sure.

3 Likes

Just wanted you to put the Wenger bit in mate. Didn’t want you going soft on me.
Not wanting the cult taking a good man down. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Haha - nah, I remember well how infuriated I was with Wenger and his antics in his latter years. :wenger2:

1 Like

If I had to list one season I thought we could win the league since we were 5 points clear in 07/08 then 10/11 would have been it, I remember having real hope in Feb around the time of the Newcastle collapse when we were right near the top.

If Giroud wasn’t absolutely useless I think we could have won it in 2015-16. I know he scored a lot of goals for the team and scored some very good goals but JFC if he didn’t always shit the bed in important moments.

1 Like

He needs Ozil

He actually outperformed his xG that season but he was just too limited a striker to lead the line for us. If we’d had an Auba or RVP that year we’d have won the title easily. Or if lolpool weren’t such cunts and had sold us Suarez.

2 Likes

Just lost the count on how many sitters that OG missed…
yes, he scored over 100 goals for us… but the sitters he missed, I am talking about sitters… just too many and cost us games, points and could be the title.

Auba the past 3 months. Man looks lifeless.

2 Likes

Expensive Welbeck showing his true worth.

1 Like

Captain my ass. This is the exact same Auba rolling it back a year. Looks like a miserable cunt just waiting for the manager to get sacked…

3 Likes