Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I still don’t understand why none of these chumps went for him when we did. He was clearly the best goalscorer £55m could buy you, and definitely the best goalscorer on the open market. He’s not exactly better now than he was then.

7 Likes

Probably because it is not football manager, and they can’t really stack up star players without playing them (give them reasonable playing time)??

1 Like

I guess they didn’t trust his ability

I genuinely think it’s because at the time Barcelona has Suarez firing on all cylinders and Messi would have been unhappy to see his close friend replaced. Real Madrid has CR7 and his perfect foil in Benzema.

United on the other hand - that’s a total mystery the difference between him and Lukaku is night and day.

1 Like

As good as he is and as much as I think he has 4-5 years left at the top despite his age. I think we have to sell if he won’t renew his deal. If it can fund a Zaha or Upamenco then we need to sell.

Agree if he won’t renew we must sell, we don’t want a repeat of the Sanchez situation.

Such a shame we have wasted a couple of likely 30+ goal seasons from Aubameyang not getting CL football, because we have a bum manager.

1 Like

The board right now must do:

1/ get a good manager and fired Dick
2/ convince PEA to stay
3/ sell Xhaka and Mustafi (and Ozil)
4/ set 1, 2, 3 year targets on points, performance, league standing and etc.

We are so clueless for the past few seasons…

2 Likes

Where’s the real @ronniec and what have you done with him? :grin:

1 Like

Nobody really trusts the Bundesliga maybe?

Martinelli and Nketiah can pick up the slack. If we get 80m for him let him go. I’d love Isco too.

1 Like

Nothing special in the captain stakes. Drifts in and out of games anyway. Not seen any leadership quality. Coin tosser.

Wouldn’t be so sure of that.

Neketiah isn’t going to make it here IMO and Martinelli despite looking like the second coming should not be relied upon to deliver like a top striker.

@Stroller pretty harsh based off of one game, and if he’s posting up the numbers he does drifting in and out I’d take that over players that put their all in and produce nowhere near everytime.

Yeah no issue with the numbers but think he’s an individual not a captain.

1 Like

Tbf, his hold-up play is average. At least he bags them in more often than not. He seems more clinical than last season but personally, I would jump on the chance to move him on next summer.

With the news that Emery will see out the season it confirms Aubameyang is off in the summer. It was nice having a 30 + goal a season striker for 2.5 years.

2 Likes

I don’t believe anyone would want to buy him tbh. He’ll stay

He’s clearly the best CF not playing CL football, if he pushes for a move a CL club will buy him.

He’s a great goal scorer, but not sure he is a necessary type of player in the modern game for a top team. Not enough of a link up player, so surprising to see him linked with Barca.

But while we are pretenders, it’s nice to have someone like him kicking and occasionally headering the ball hard into the goal lots of times.

Might not be a CL club he wants to join though. There’s no point leaving Arsenal for another Dortmund level team that are just in the CL every year with no chance of winning it. (We can also pay him more than a team like that).

Will come down to whether the likes of Bayern, PSG or the big three in Spain come calling I reckon.

1 Like

Wouldn’t completely rule out January for a CL contender.
Even if Emery went Freddie interim job wouldn’t dissuade him really if one of the big clubs come knocking.

1 Like