Pictures of OA members

Rachel :heart:

1 Like

Pheobe is the funniest :heart:

1 Like

I didn’t until last year. I have now watched the entire thing back to front, two times.

1 Like

You should start an alliance. I might join you.

@DavidHillier

3 Likes

Will it be an anti David Hillier alliance?

I think it’ll be a group of more than 2 :joy:

1 Like

We want a photo of Dave.

1 Like

images.jpeg-10

Sorry mate, not good at selfies. Could only find a work photo

12 Likes

1 Like

Yeah man, when I went Warsaw and walking around the old ghetto and looking at the uprising museum, the history of Poland’s Jews was tragic AF.

2 million Jews just wiped out, it’s barbaric.

While the Nazis did the worst, as you say pogroms were happening since almost medieval times iirc.

Anyways I found Warsaw to he very nice, if a bit empty of people but that may be because we went when it was cold AF.

2 Likes

Western Jews were welcomed warmly by Boleslaw III in the 12th century and Poland became a safe haven for persecuted Jews in Portugal, Spain and France.

One of the reasons Poland had such a large Jewish population was because of its tolerant and accepting nature for centuries.

Of course there was always some push back from mainly the Catholic Church and it’s illiterate following was easily influenced. Much the same as in other nations across Europe and the world.

As in many nations across Europe, there was always a segment of the population hateful of the others. Hateful of Jews. Mountain people. Tartars. Gypsies. And so forth.

In the Second World War, there were Polish collaborators as there were collaborators in any occupied nation, including in The Netherlands were Dutch collaborators ratted out Jews and got them transported to Poland to the camps.

The death camps were built by the Nazis and guarded by mostly German and Ukrainian (!) SS nazis. Not by Poles.

The Poles got annihilated during the war. Warsaw was for 90% destroyed. First by the Nazis then by the Soviets.

Poles were slaughtered en masse for being of an inferior race.

Look I am partially ashkenazi myself, but I can’t lay blame with the Poles for what happened during the 2nd world war. There were good ones helping Jews and there were bad ones ratting then out. As I said before this happened in every single occupied nation.

The blame for me lies with Nazi Germany, it was a meticulously planned and orchestrated mass murder, and I will never trust and forgive them for it.

Where can I find the member information of this forum?

1 Like

I’d also like a pamphlet if you have any.

1 Like

We call em leaflets across the pond

3 Likes

Bet they’re on A4 paper too. Get some normal paper sizes ffs. :tierney2:

2 Likes

Thread really took a turn here. There I was enjoying a nice bit of wholesome OA banter and boom, holocaust

12 Likes

Hate when that happens.

I was actually surprised myself but I think @Electrifying was replying to a comment I made about not liking Poland when I visited.

1 Like

So it’s your fault as usual :xhaka:

1 Like

6 Likes

Twofer as :chester: is kind of an honorary member.

He may or may not have gotten the treat he was after here.

25 Likes

Buddies! There’s nothing better than a person looking lovingly at their dog or cat (or baby, as sometimes happens in our house when she’s not acting like a little shit).

2 Likes