Pets

It’s a lilac colour isn’t it?

In the gsd community, that colour is called isabella for some reason. I think it’s a degenerative gene carried by the parents. It’s why my boy Akiva is a ‘solid liver gsd’, same process.

1 Like

Max getting ready for beach season.

1 Like

I like that he read the instructions first. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think he was just looking for the “on” button…

More info and pictures needed. Thank you.

2 Likes

His name is Blue… I didn’t name him, I would have named him Frank. He’s almost 2 and he is a sweet, snuggly, spastic, way too smart, little Australian cattle dog (blue heeler). We’re a bit smitten.

My wife works with a woman who fosters old dogs. They got Blue as “their” dog, but he was getting lost in the pack and they realized he would do a lot better as an only dog. We’ve been looking for a dog for months and she asked her co-worker for suggestions. The rest, as they say, is history.

18 Likes

He’s a beaut.

Have you screamed “you’re my boy Blue!” a la Will Ferrell in Old School, at him yet?

3 Likes

No, but every time I see him I say “G’day Bluie! Ya alright, mate?”.

4 Likes

Took echo for a big walk this morning ( missing the first half of Villa Newcastle in the process) because heavy rain predicted later, hopefully he remains this tired.

10 Likes

What a brilliant name ‘Echo’ is .
Choosing a name for a dog is incredibly difficult and challenging

1 Like

That is so true…When me and the Mrs got our first dog, in 1988, we got a scrappy little mongrel boy, cross between Spaniel, Poodle Lurcher and something else unknown.
He was adorable, and was for 16 years bless him…
Anyway, when trying to think a good name for him, we both agreed that we loved the name of the dog in the Back to the Future film, and obviously called him Barney.
Only realised about 3 years later when we rewatched the same film, that the dog is actually called Einstein…
No bloody idea where we got the name Barney from…
It suited him though, great dog, miss him always.

5 Likes

I don’t have a pet, and would love some huskies, but didn’t know where else to put this…

I’ve now realised why I’m always SO fucking creeped out by pugs. They are not cute, they are 1% removed from the houndeye from Half-Life.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Anything to do with Beverly Hills Cop always get a like, no matter the context

3 Likes

The little bastard nearly got there

13 Likes

One of my cats does the exact same thing.

3 Likes

Our last cat, Lenora (RIP) took bacon OUT OF A PAN when I had turned my back. She dragged it into a corner and started going to town. She weighed 7lbs, one strip of bacon was longer than her whole body. Miss that doofus.

2 Likes

Deserves commission for being OA’s best smiley.

2 Likes

What is it with cunts keeping their dog on the dog lead for the entirity of their walk and not letting their dog have a bit of freedom?

Don’t trust the dog ? Worried it may bowl someone over, frighten someone or worse ?

2 Likes